• This topic has 46 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by alexh.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Minion SS vs Rock Razor
  • bikerboy2008tc
    Free Member

tried both ….running the minion, im still running it now and intend to use it all winter, sideways is fun !

ybsurf
    Free Member

Another vote for the Slaughter here. Used them all summer last year Grid on the big bike and control spec on the trail bike

Is the control casing is good enough on your trail bike?

ybsurf
    Free Member

Another vote for the Slaughter here. Used them all summer last year Grid on the big bike and control spec on the trail bike

How you like the control casing for your trail bike?

Northwind

I used to use the control butcher as a rear, it’s not tough but it was fine for me, the slaughter carcass seems much the same… Don’t know why but I’m not hard on sidewalls, YM most definitely may vary.

I don’t like the Grid, it’s dead feeling, thump not squash. But again ymmv, I like a compliant tyre, I think normal people like stiffer.

br
    Free Member

Unless you’re in the Southern Hemisphere, I would not be putting on a Minion SS or any other semi-slick now!

Yesterday a pal and I were out in the Tweed Valley, I’m running a Shorty front Minion SS rear and he’s on a Magic Mary front Razor rear.

Perfect tyres for a decent day out (+30 miles and 5000 feet).

Northwind

Mullet tyres- business at the front, party at the back (probably also the side quite a lot)

alexh
    Free Member

I’ve hung mine up. It’s a cracking tyre and the minion held up well at a wet fod dh. Whereas my friends rock razor was all over the place. I think the minion has bigger side knobs.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Minion SS vs Rock Razor’ is closed to new replies.