Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Minimum impact Christmas Cake consumption query
  • BlobOnAStick

I have 3/4 of a 12″ square Christmas cake left. I am the only one in the family who eats it and I really don’t want to throw it away as it was made by my lovely mummy.

In order to finish it and minimise the impact to my (considerably smaller than it used to be) waistline, should I:
    1) Eat it slowly by having a piece as ‘energy recovery’ after each ride over the coming month (bearing in mind I’m likely to over compensate for the used calories), or
    2) Binge-eat it in the next 3 days by having a slice a hour regardless of any physical exercise and wallow in the self-loathing that such a debauched orgy of consumption will no doubt leave me in, together with my 2 new pairs of jeans which I will no longer fit into*. Followed by an extended period of almost religious-like adherence to the forum’s most infamous diet?

*I am now on my 3rd slice this evening.

simondbarnes

scaredypants

it’s not the cake, it’s the cheese that’ll get you

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Binge it.that’s what I’ve been doing. Not all the calories can stick can they???

BlobOnAStick

Ha ha, yes, I’m thinking that if I scoff it, then more calories would just ‘pass through’. 🙂

BlobOnAStick

Hmm. Cheese.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

11am at work = black coffee and Christmas cake. It’s a revelation.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Cake and cheese…….niceness all said and done, wish I had some left

gary

Option 1 for me. But now that you have reminded me I have cake, I quite fancy a slice!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

chees with Christmas cake? Surely not. Fruit cake perhaps, preferably a nice dry one, but Chrstmas cake ought to be too moist to go with cheese.

My wife makes a cracking Christma cake that only I eat. I reckon I’ll get another week out of it yet….

BlobOnAStick

🙁 slice4 just gone down. Help! I can’t stop!

lipseal
    Free Member

I’ve still got a plum pudding to open. Think I’ll get a ton of extra thick double cream at the weekend and pig out. 🙂

CheesybeanZ

1,washed down with eggnog .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Minimum impact Christmas Cake consumption query’ is closed to new replies.