Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Minimalist movie editing…
  • Kryton57

I bought a cheap camera – an SJCAM4000 – after missing out one on the classifieds.  Now, all I want is family movie clips stored on the home PC, and the odd clip of my awesome riding* for Instagram.

Now, I’ve worked out:

a) Import to iMovie (free)

b) Edit in iMovie (free)

c) Save to google images (free)

d) use my phone to upload to Instagram.

Just asking then, for free of course – is their anything easier?

*not

whitestone
    Free Member

Not really – if you set up a (free) Vimeo account you get access to royalty free music, it’s not going to set the charts on fire but usually you can find something with a beat to use for your editing cuts.

alpin
    Free Member

There is Quik, a gopro thing that seems to work with non-gopro footage.

Saying that, I’m also looking for other apps that will work on an android tablet.

Need to sit down and watch a few tutorials for Quik.

maccruiskeen

you’re saying ‘home pc’ and ‘iMovie’ so by ‘pc’ do you mean ‘Mac’?

The most fuss free way to edit on a Mac might just be straight in Quicktime – if you want to create a story line from a variety of shots thats an iMovie job, but if you just want to trim and tidy up one shot (trim the ends, cut bits out the middle – change the order of those bits or paste in another clip) then using the ‘split’, ‘trim’ options etc in Quicktime is a good way to do that and you can export straight to youtube from with QT if you want really lazy (although uploading to Vimeo manually is easy enough)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I use GoPro Studio on the Mac.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Minimalist movie editing…’ is closed to new replies.