Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Minimal knee and elbow pads?
  • geomickb
    Free Member

Bliss ones?

Tracey

Always gone with G Form

endomick
    Free Member

Leatt airflex pro, a bit pricey unless you can get in the sale. Great pads and not as sweaty as my previous gform despite the extra side padding.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got bliss ones, very good, forget I’m wearing them most of the time

joemmo
    Free Member

Alpinestars Paragon are pretty unobtrusive but the sizing is a bit odd so you need to try them – they are sized larger than the chart suggests

wzzzz
    Free Member

I settled on some troy lee speed sleeves.

Buy a few from places with free returns as different people have different shaped knees

Northwind

This is kind of a recurring rant of mine, but, why? They’re not really any more comfortable than proper pads, in fact sometimes less so since they tend to be more completely enclosing and are often a bit tighter to keep them in place without the structure of a big pad. And they’re way, way less protective- I have gforms and ime they’re roughly as protective as a thick riding top.

They do fit well under clothes which is a definite plus but imo if it’s worth wearing pads it’s worth doing it properly, and the advantage of the minimal ones is way smaller than you’d expect.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

My Bliss pads have held up OK in some fairly big crashes. They’ve not been so good at holding up to washes, though. When I mentioned this to Bliss they were pretty useless, so probably will buy from a different company next time.

JP

Shackleton

I’m with northwind. I had some leatt airflex pros, felt great in the shop but were quite uncomfortable to pedal any real distance while also not doing much more than offering scuff protection. Bought some poc vpd airs and usually forget I’m wearing them after 5 minutes pedalling but give me protection when needed. .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Minimal knee and elbow pads?’ is closed to new replies.