Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mini Pump Tracks?
  • Premier Icon DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Hi all. Seen a few posts in the past where people have built pump tracks seemingly in tiny spaces – anyone got any links/pics/ideas etc? I’m lucky enough to have space in the garden following a house move and after ruling out a mini half pipe for “the kids” then a pump track might get planning approval from the head of domestic planning.

Cheers!
    Dave

Premier Icon nedrapier

Well worth spending a few dollars on the pumptrack nation book and some time reading and planning. It will save you a lot of time and effort if you can build it right first time. And it will help you present a more polished planning application! 😉

https://www.leelikesbikes.com/ebook-welcome-to-pump-track-nation

Good luck with it!

Premier Icon kevs
    Free Member

I’ve been half looking into this too, I’ve looked at that book above and am going to buy it soon I think. If you’re on Instagram take a look at dick cheeseburgers page, shows a tiny pump track but looks good fun.

You can get “portable” pump tracks which schools hire from what I’ve gathered and gave me the idea to make some rollers from ply and see if it expands to a full track.

How much space can you spare?

Premier Icon VanHalen

mine was in a 12x6m area in the back garden. mine was 0 shaped with a figure of 8 crossover and a wider section at one end. because it was bloody tight it was too hard for teh kids. i`m pretty good on tight berms now though as a result!

its gone now as i got bored of it (the building is half the fun) and it was only really rideable in the summer/dry

you dont need a book to build one – you just build stuff and ride it and tweak it accordingly. i had a wall ride and a mini double.

Premier Icon nedrapier

course you don’t need a book, but if you don’t have endless time to build and rebuild, it’s good to know a few things in advance.

Like, just off the top of my head, what radius to build the turns so it’s not too tight for your kids to ride!

Premier Icon DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

dick cheeseburgers looks awesome! Tight berms though – if I could get something built like that with the berms blown out a bit to make them a bit more jump bike friendly then that would be awesome! Don’t think the dirt (or the sunshine!) looks like that in my garden though!!!

Premier Icon kevs
    Free Member

Ooh that’s interesting, I have a space in my garden measuring 13×6/7ishM……

Premier Icon VanHalen

Like, just off the top of my head, what radius to build the turns so it’s not too tight for your kids to ride!

stuff like this is all down to the space you have. the more space the easier the track can be. mine was particularly shady though mainly as i built it for me…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.