• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by DrP.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mini Bike pump in Carry On luggage
  • nickc

I know that I’ll not get a multi tool in hand luggage, has anyone tried a mini-pump?

eckinspain
    Free Member

Not sure why they would stop you taking a pump.

nickc

Me either, but y’know, there’s every chance they will becasue: Reasons

eckinspain
    Free Member

Very true. But as long as there’s no blades attached to it I think I would be happy to take one.

poolman
    Free Member

Security at Alicante took away a cable lock, it was only 5 quid at Aldi. I had no idea it was dangerous. Lesson learnt, booking in the aergrind to hold as the handle is a bottle opener.

Taken loads of stuff through Manchester which could be interpreted as dangerous, hence cable lock episode.

gray

I’ve taken one without any issues. Long inner tube valves look just like big metal nails on the x-ray though! I was rather confused for a bit until we realised what they were! Was allowed to take them, 80 mm long but not very sharp so no problem!

feed

Very true. But as long as there’s no blades attached to it I think I would be happy to take one.

I had a small multitool taken by security flying home from Portugal. No blade on it, no issues on the way out from Dublin. I had taken it out of the bag and put it in the tray. Other lad left his in his hand luggage bag. No issue for him.

Never any issue with pumps, few questions asked about a shock pump but once explained then no problem.

greyspoke
    Free Member

I missed that film sounds like a riot

DougD

Recently took a mini pump and set of allen keys through in hand luggage back from Brussels. Was surprised about the allen keys but the chap saw my pedals, cycling shoes, helmet and pump and just shrugged and said ‘Cycling? Makes sense’. However I’d previously had a topeak mini 18 multi tool confiscated at Edinburgh which really annoyed me as I was already running late for the flight as security was carnage, think that was because of the screwdrivers, but still frustrating.

aide

Also had a mini tool taken off me at Edinburgh because of the screwdriver on it (was a ‘sharp’ object). Don’t see any problems with a pump if it has no sharp edges, although security might take a different view.

phil5556

Why aren’t you packing these things in your bike bag where they wouldn’t be an issue?

DrP

Why aren’t you packing these things in your bike bag where they wouldn’t be an issue?

It’s not for a bike is my guesses….

DrP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.