Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mind Over Mountains – the Cairngorms Loop ITT
  • stwhannah

I first saw this film at Kendal Mountain Film Festival and enjoyed the insight into different ways of riding long distances, plus the gentle pace of t …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Mind Over Mountains – the Cairngorms Loop ITT

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

sboardman

Annie is currently doing a casual winter HT550 attempt which you can track via her Instagram

scotroutes

For those interested, the Cairngorms Loop has its own website.

https://www.cairngormsloop.net/

The route can be ridden as an ITT at any time, whether or not you want to abide by the “rules” that govern these self-supported ITTs. We’ve not yet set any Group Start dates for 2022, but it’s possible that there will be both a Spring and an Autumn GS. Historically, the GS always coincides with a spell of inclement weather 🙂

kcal

Needs updated on the women’s record holder as I understand it.. 🙂

matt_outandabout

This loop is on ‘the list’…. Has been for too many years

Marin
    Free Member

My favourite ride of last year though at a slightly slower pace.

scotroutes

Needs updated on the women’s record holder as I understand it..

Yeah, Gemma Baird took almost an hour off Annie’s time as part of the Group Start in September.

I’ve already had some interest in both Spring and Autumn Group Starts for 2022. I might even consider doing it again too.

13thfloormonk

The ‘outer’ loop is a great gravel expedition if you’re less bikepackingly or hike-a-bikingly inclined.

Fastest time I’ve seen was sub 20hr for 200km of tough riding in places but that might have cut out the big chunk at the end via Fealar Lodge

robertajobb

Great tip. Cheers.
    I’m eyeing up a little trip like this for next year, with a mate (not to do the formal timed / by the rules ITT, just as a great day or two out in some proper countryside. As I’m still not dropping £££ on a European trip given the erratic nature of governments and sudden border closures.

swavis

A spring event sounds very interesting….

metalheart
    Free Member

Having done the inner and northern loops (and kinda the western side down Tromie on the southern loop) I really need do the southern loop properly (maybe as a a complete outer loop) then ‘just do it’…

I’ve been lax on my bikepacking since covid, need to sort that out…

@stwhannah
    thanks for the article, nice to see a film and know the majority of the trails being ridden for a change…

didnthurt

I enjoyed the video. But they seemed to edit out the hike-a-bike bits out. So don’t assume that it’s all rideable.

Great route though with some truly class remote trails.

If I was doing it again then I’d have a few weekends in mind and then pick the one that coincides with the best weather and lowest river crossings.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mind Over Mountains – the Cairngorms Loop ITT’ is closed to new replies.