Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Mind boggling stat re Poultry Farming
  • binners

So we can have a KFC as long as they wring the neck of the chicken ourselves?

I suspect that might well be a winner with the feral yoot of the UK 😀

kerley
    Free Member

Nobody should have a KFC. The outcome of eating one is only marginally better for the person eating it than it was for the chicken.

kelvin

it’s also detrimental – in that the distance means we treat our food abominably, in ways that previously we never would have

I agree with that. If we keep food production hidden, out of sight, there is no pressure to improve it.

binners

Nobody should have a KFC.

Au contraire. If you don’t love KFC gravy then theres something wrong with you. Though I wouldn’t recommend watching the channel 4 documentary on KFC which showed how it arrives at KFC stores and is turned from a solid into a liquid form

Lets just say that the old adage is true… never let light in on magic 🙂

Anyway… heres some yummy KFC gravy in action….

Surely any chicken would be happy to sacrifice its short life to go out doused in that?

chevychase

@binners

If you don’t love KFC gravy then theres something wrong with you

I agree – because it’s designed to be like crack cocaine. And if you don’t like crack cocaine after trying it there’s something wrong with you.

Doesn’t mean I advise you trying it 😉

binners

Fair point 😂

luckydog
    Free Member

Currently reading ‘Eating Animals’ by safran foer, which discusses much of what’s being posted here – its exclusively about the US context, but as he adds in the preface, UK is headed the same way – he published the book 14 years ago and judging by the Wye valley issue we’ve maybe caught them up! It’s a good read and I’ll be interested to know what he thinks the solution should be…greater transparency, education through exposure, lab grown meat, PETA running the show, etc. ?

I’m mostly on a plant based diet but love my poached eggs on sour dough toast so can’t quite pat myself on the back yet…

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.