• This topic has 215 replies, 135 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Sonor.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 216 total)
  • Mild rule breakers – Get bragging
  • IA

You know how some bottled water says “do not re-use bottle” on the bottle?

Yup, I went there.

tenfoot

Occasionally I don’t brush my teeth twice in a day. Not because I forget. Oh no. Because I can’t be bothered.

DezB
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    This is me, in the Ducati Museum in Bologna. That’s Loris Capirossi’s Desmosedici. Read the sign.

10 years ago PP! You wild man 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I bought something off the classifieds today. Yep: Paypal gift.

DT78
    Free Member

I picked up a baby turtle once. It flapped its little fins about a lot. Felt guilty.

yunki
    Free Member

Off to Devon tomorrow so will be eating plenty of scones.
    Cream on top of course.

that is not going to end well…. 😕

CountZero

hatter – Member
    I use a non regulation mug at my desk.

Well I did until this morning until someone nicked confiscated it.
    That’ll teach you, you bad man!
    I have been known, on occasion, to swipe the free music cd of the front of magazines, ‘cos there was nothing much in the mag I wanted to read.
    I’m going to hell, aren’t I?

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

someone earlier lied.

Days of Thunder was a PG not a 12.

pretty sure anyway…

although maybe i just made that up… who knows?

Murray

I put out both my green bins on Thursday even though I only paid for one this year

bikebouy
    Free Member

I received my water bill statement this morning, I don’t pay by DD but prefer the once a year bill, I’m in credit by £312

Yay!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Who in their right mind would ever put jam on top of the clotted cream?
    Nutters.
    Cream on top of course.

I’m neither from Devon nor Cornwall (Nottinghamshire to be truthful) and have no axe to grind.
    So to me this is the sense:
    If I was making a jam sandwich, the jam would go on top of the butter.
    Butter is dairy.
    Cream is dairy
    Therefore cream is close to butter
    So it follows the cream goes on first, then jam on top.

The cream is also more solid, so spreads better, and would slide around and push the jam out of the way if done the other way round.

muddy@rseguy

I blatantly disregarded the “keep left” sign when walking up the stairs at a tube station yesterday when nobody was walking down.

It’s how I roll, I just don’t care.

Wally

Mrs Wally is still asleep, I might just get away with it. Smells like Naphalm this morning.

toppers3933
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    Who in their right mind would ever put jam on top of the clotted cream?
    Nutters.
    Cream on top of course.
    I’m neither from Devon nor Cornwall (Nottinghamshire to be truthful) and have no axe to grind.
    So to me this is the sense:
    If I was making a jam sandwich, the jam would go on top of the butter.
    Butter is dairy.
    Cream is dairy
    Therefore cream is close to butter
    So it follows the cream goes on first, then jam on top.
    The cream is also more solid, so spreads better, and would slide around and push the jam out of the way if done the other way round.

Where do you put the butter then? Weirdo.

sandwicheater

I bought a 26″ wheel bike. I don’t care if it gives me bad cat aids.

mogrim

Scone, butter, jam, then a dollop of cream. Obvs.

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m currently running Windows on this MacBook.

(yeah, okay, it’s a Windows Server vm with SQL Server but still…)

Rachel

pondo

I skipped breakfast this morning.

hooli

I don’t hold on to the hand rail when walking up the stairs at work, despite the sign telling me I MUST.

I also don’t always put a lid on my coffee, despite the fact that the sign says the coffee is hot and I need to put a lid on to avoid a serious accident.

Once I carried my coffee upstairs with no lid and I didn’t hold on to the handrail!

Frankly I am surprised I manage to sleep at night 😉

growinglad
    Free Member

Black belt….brown shoes…..I’m not proud of that one.

toppers3933
    Free Member

growinglad – Member
    Black belt….brown shoes…..I’m not proud of that one.

As well you shouldn’t. That is one of the unbreakable rules. You’ll be telling me you’re wearing no white socks next.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Mirror. Manoeuvre.

That’ll learn those pesky cyclists to try and sneak past on the inside whilst I’m turning left.

Disclaimer: “Sorry mate, I didn’t see you. Maybe if you paid some road tax and wore a helmet this sort of thing wouldn’t happen”

Other Disclaimer: I’M ONLY JOKING. REALLY.

willard

I can’t take this bickering about scone + [cream or jam]… I don’t think there are any rules about what goes where, but I do think it should be jam first (as it’s easier to spread) then cream (as it is easier to layer on).

I’m willing, purely in the interest of science to buy the required components and perform an impartial test of both methods and report back though. Just let me know and I’ll et right on it.

pondo

I do think it should be jam first (as it’s easier to spread) then cream (as it is easier to layer on)

Nail – head.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I do think it should be jam first (as it’s easier to spread) then cream (as it is easier to layer on).

Correct – Team Cornwall for the win.

Team Devon – Burn the heretics.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I once agreed with something JiveHoneyJive said.
    My foil hat fits better these days….

badnewz
    Free Member

People who meet me think I’m a people person whereas in reality I’m as misanthropic as Jonathan Swift.

P-Jay
    Free Member

badnewz – Member

People who meet me think I’m a people person whereas in reality I’m as misanthropic as Jonathan Swift.

Word,

I meet loads of new people for work. Some of them tell my workmates how nice I am or how warm and friendly, or how much I really care about their business.

The dark truth is I’ll forget about them almost the second I leave their company and at best I’m indifferent about them only as long as their intentions are completely aligned with my own, if they start becoming a hindrance I can be one sadistic ****.

I also use African American teenager slang unironically even though I’m Celtic, nearly middle-aged and live in Wales.

ransos
    Free Member

I do think it should be jam first (as it’s easier to spread) then cream (as it is easier to layer on). I’m willing, purely in the interest of science to buy the required components and perform an impartial test of both methods and report back though. Just let me know and I’ll et right on it.

In the interests of improving human knowledge, I conducted this experiment. One half of the scone in the Cornish style (jam then cream, the other half Devon style. The answer is that you’re correct – the Cornish method allows for a thick, smooth layer of jam and a generous quantity of clotted cream to be spooned on top. The Devon method just makes the jam slide off.

Beagleboy

I’ve got Capt America on my left sock…..but Superman on my right. Mixed up socks…mixed up comic universes….beat that amateurs!

C.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I drink my gaviscon straight from the bottle.

david47
    Free Member

I didn’t like Tony’s coffee… Still got some great coaching though…

Freester

Went down the ‘up’ ramp in the multi storey to get out the other night.

DaRC_L

The answer is that you’re Cornwall is correct – the Cornish method allows for a thick, smooth layer of jam and a generous quantity of clotted cream to be spooned on top

It’s like Emmets and Grockles innit…

maccruiskeen

Hang on, hang on – are we rhyming ‘Scone’ with ‘Gone’ or ‘Cone’ here?

Coyote
    Free Member

Gone. Is there another way?

growinglad
    Free Member

As well you shouldn’t. That is one of the unbreakable rules. You’ll be telling me you’re wearing no white socks next.

You could even say it was a premeditate crime….I even thought yesterday evening, don’t forget a brown belt….but I didn’t get it out there and then and forgot…..I did try sans belt….but alas, then me pants would be showing…..and that’s even worse than white socks.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Spoon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scone,_Perth_and_Kinross

maccruiskeen

Is there another way?

The clue’s in the question!

ransos
    Free Member

The correct one.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Mild rule breakers – Get bragging’ is closed to new replies.