Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mighty Deerstalker – running it?
  • craa22uk

Anyone on here running the deerstalker next week at Innerleithen? If so what’s your training sched been like and what are you gonna get out and do this week before the gun on saturday?

I’ve been getting out about 2/3 times of week through the winter and can’t decide how much to do this week before all that mad climbing up the xc course and beyond.

downgrade
    Free Member

yes, 5k only

training…. hmmm I bought a deerstalker hat, does that count?

Gary_C

Yep, in for the 10k…… 😯

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Missing it this year due to impending baby. You’ll love it though, not at the time but a wee bit later 😀 My tip is get a good start, theoretically you should pace yourself but there are a good few bottlenecks in the first climb and you can be standing about waiting for ages. Next tip is get some gloves, LIDL has some work gloves or go to a first stop/ARCO or the like, the second climb is shaley/flinty and is a bugger on cold hands. If your going to stay a while after or overnight take as many warm clothes as you can, you get so cold its impossible to heat up.

mustard
    Free Member

Nope, strained a muscle in my thigh so going to have to sit it out. Going to see if they still need marshals as I don’t want to miss out on the Beerstalker afterwards, a great night! 🙂

Go out on Tuesday or Wednesday night and flog yourself then don’t do anything. I think the theory is that your body will over-recover, leaving you primed for the run on Saturday. Although I had no motivation to run this year and had done very little before injuring myself, was just getting into it again too, so planning to get going once thigh is better and keep it going throughout the year.

craa22uk

cheers all – i’ll stick with my wednesday pound then rest as advised

last year i pegged it over the bales and managed to stay ahead of most of the queues – hoping to better that this year

see you at the beerstalker!

Diane
    Free Member

I’m watching – looking forward to it! You mad people 😀

Gary_C

I’m watching – looking forward to it! You mad people

…& cheering on ‘Team Boggies’

😉

glenh
    Free Member

Training schedule?

petestuart
    Free Member

Ran the Horseplay tonight. Not quite as tough as the Deerstalker I understand but tough enough for me. Great events the RatRace things. Done quite a few now.

craa22uk

last year i had such fun running down the dh track cos i could actually clear the doubles 😛

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mighty Deerstalker – running it?’ is closed to new replies.