Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Might sell my SS…..go completely gears!
  • aw
    Free Member

I struggle up hills at the best of times so might sell my steel framed genesis flyer SS bike and my Alan cyclocross SS conversion (as well as my 97 cinder cone converted SS) and stick with my board an team carbon and Klein Attitude V.

Might even buy a Cotic Soul!

bikeneil
    Free Member

Ok.

nealglover
    Free Member

Righto.

Do I need to do anything ?

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Thought about writing a book?

oldnpastit

kilo

Stay niche, get an alfine rear wheel

Kryton57

Welcome to the 1990’s.

RightWing
    Free Member

Also remember to trim the beard & replace the grimace with a smile whilst riding.
    Feel safe in the knowledge that fellow riders dont look down on you as being a weird skinflint anymore.

wwaswas

The only reason I can see to sell three bikes is if there’s three more that you want to buy.

cookeaa

Sorry but You need to have owned a fixie before you can properly call time on the gearlessness….

In fact there’s probably some even more basic variants of bicycle you need to have dabbled in before you are allowed to return to “Normality”…

Penny farthing? Unicycle? not done those either?!? Amateur!

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Have you done fixed 96er alfine steel 28.0mm seatposted, on one fleeglebared, front brake only, jones forked, brooks saddled, 4 bottle cages, frame bagged, grip shift (no mech), downhill bike made by cotic?

cookeaa

Cotic? bit “mainstream” innit?

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I suppose it is but I’m too mainstream to know anything less mainstream, I have an orange and an Audi, but I’m not the stereotype, I don’t work in IT.

aw
    Free Member

Well my high weight (14 stone) and low fitness have a lot to do with it 😀

aw
    Free Member

Plus i have always lusted after a Coctic Soul! I had an old cindercone (as above) with gears and recently SS and loved the single track feel of them. The klien is a good bike but does not quite have the same feel or am I looking for Rose tinted glasses!

ssboggy

Get a Cotic Simple, win win situation 😉

wl
    Free Member

Fascinating and congratulations.

aw
    Free Member

soul or simple or Bfe?

RoganJosh
    Free Member

That depends if you want a 26″ geared bike or a 29″ singlespeed. Why don’t you throw a specialized venge time trial bike into the mix? Maybe a tandem?

macondo01
    Free Member

I am looking for a Genesis Flyer size 52 if you are thinking of selling

tazzymtb

Adds to list of gearie surrender monkeys that need to be culled in the great cleansing. As you are admittedly a bit chunky it makes it easier target you with a fixie mounted punt gun. (Used for shooting gear dangler using punts 😀 )

handyandy
    Free Member

buy a bike from hora. Something you want should come along soon 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Might sell my SS…..go completely gears!’ is closed to new replies.