Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Midlife Crisis ;-) Motorbike
  • howarthp

OK, so I’ve had my full license for over 20 years and never scratched the itch. I’ve had a 300 GTS Vespa for the last 5 years and regularly commute into London on it but always wanted a bigger bike.

I did a refresher course a month ago, riding a F750 and then R1250GS – the GS being my all time favourite bike and the one I always thought I’d go for.

Today I’ve just ridden this:

It’s a beautiful bike – really easy to handle and much cheaper than the GS.

On a whim I thought I’d try this:

Wow – the best hour of fun I’ve had in images. Completely unpractical, smacks of Sons of Anarchy wannabee but I absolutely loved it

Vortexracing

I have a Triumph Street Scrambler and love it !!! 🙂

but that Tiger 900 is next on my list, due to the lower seat height.

(plus I’m a Triumph fanboi) 😉

so what are you going to follow, your heart or mind ????????

(buy both) 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just making my way home from work from in Aviemore to Fort William on my Bonneville. Had worse days.

failedengineer

Triumph Speed Twin FTW.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Street Triple 765 RS

That’ll be what I’m buying next.

tdog
    Free Member

SpeedTwin is only real Triumph they made.

Honda Africa Twin?

howarthp

Certainly tempted by the Bobber. Generally, if I have any spare time I’m on my road or gravel bike. I like the idea of touring by motorbike but would rather bikepack. So, I’m likely to use a motorbike for some commuting but mostly for fun.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’m also a Triumph fanboi having lived in Hinckley for a while.

I have a speed Twin and a Street Triple RS in the garage. I test rode the Tiger 900 last week in both GT pro and Rally Pro flavours and I’m going to order… an R1250GS.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Get the Rocket. Why accept anything less? It doesn’t make sense, but no motorcycle does. Don’t buy a two wheeled Honda Jazz, the 4 wheel one is way better.

LAP13
    Free Member

Go with your heart, you’ll only regret it otherwise!
    Also a Triumph fanboi here… Hang on no, that’s not right, I is a girl!

Can’t say I’m a massive fan of these ‘new’ ones but the last Triumph I had was a 1965 5TA so what do I know.

Just do it 😁

willard

Just do it. I bought a Bandit 650S the other week for no good reason (well, it was cheap) and am enjoying the hell out of it.

blokeuptheroad

I collected my new bike (one of your rides today) on Saturday. Another Triumph fanboi, I part exed a 15 year old Sprint ST 1050 I’d had from new for it. Here is Mrs BUTR with my new Tiger GT pro on a trip to Hay on Wye in the sunshine yesterday.

It’s awesome. My biggest problem at the moment is rationing the meagre 600 running in miles before its first service a week today.

Just do it, you only live once. My only other advice is take some advanced training, IAM or ROSPA, they’re fun but potentially risky and some advanced training will tip the balance of risk a bit more in your favour.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Nice bike. Couple of lads at work have just bought new Tiger 900s and they’re raving about them.

metalheart
    Free Member

I test rode one of these a few years back, I so wanted one (but apart from the cost of the bike, I’d have needed to spend another couple of grand on a new shed for it (wouldn’t manage that through the garden gate…)

I’ve a photo of me on it somewhere that my siblings call that ‘Son’s’ one…

I’ve since toyed with the idea of a bonneville speedmaster but the £13k price for the spec I’d fancy kinda put me off…

I keep looking at a new (XT) v-storm as I miss both mine…

blokeuptheroad

Nice bike. Couple of lads at work have just bought new Tiger 900s and they’re raving about them.

It is a brilliant bike, I am loving every second I spend on it. I can’t wait, zombie plague allowing, to take it touring in Europe next year.

TheFlyingOx

My BIL is just waiting on his new Speed Triple to be ready for pickup. I’ve always had a soft spot for Triumphs but never take thought they hit the aesthetic nail on the head until the Daytona 675. Everything they do now though is awesome.

weeksy

Bobber is ace! It’s no XSR though!

bazzer
    Free Member

I am a Triumph (triple) fan not ridden any of the twins but love the look, though would not work for me as my only bike.

I tour on a BMW S1000XR
    Trackdays on 765RS with daytona fairings and clipons.
    Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC for local jaunts
    Husqvarna FE350 for when I want to get muddy.

I have had a 675 Street and two 675 Daytona’s love that triple sound 🙂

That bobber looks ace, never had anything like that but do fancy something like that or an R NineT maybe.

Vortexracing

I like the idea of touring by motorbike

just back from two days around Galloway, bloody loved it 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jHDJFG]Galloway 2020[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jHHmzC]Galloway 2020[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

Vortexracing

I part exed a 15 year old Sprint ST 1050 I’d had from new for it.

My mate has just bought one of those

Did you find yours OK? I assume the fact that you had it 15 years is a yes

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jHDJEQ]Galloway 2020[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

bazzer
    Free Member

I did 2500miles around North of Scotland last week. First time north of the Boarders (Seven Stanes MTB) I was blown away.

Just nipped out this morning to get the Tuono MOT’s I don’t ride it often these day’s but think I will take it out for a spin in the sun this afternoon 🙂

blokeuptheroad

Did you find yours OK? I assume the fact that you had it 15 years is a yes

Yes, it was a great bike. Comfortable two up tourer and mile muncher but also a great back lane scratcher once you ditched the passenger, panniers and top box. Oodles of grunt too. I will miss it.

The riding position was towards the sporty end of sports tourer, and these days I prefer the more upright seating position and wide bars of an adventure bike. Also, mine was one of the very early ones so was very basic tech wise, no ABS, gear indicator etc. Its nice to have some of the modern conveniences on the Tiger like rider modes, ABS & traction control, quick shifter, TFT, cruise control etc.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Midlife Crisis ;-) Motorbike’ is closed to new replies.