Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Midlanders! I need your help to find some accommodation.
  • lister

To cut a long story short…I live in Pembroke with my wife and 2 kids, my parents live in Rothbury, 450 miles away. Yesterday it took us 12 hours to drive home as the 2year old and 5 month old understandably went mental on such a long journey which required lots of stops…

So in the future I want to cut the journey into 2 halves and was wondering if anyone could recommend some budget selfcatering accomodation in the area between birmingham and nottingham (which is roughly halfway).

I’m thinking static caravan parks, holiday chalets etc that would take a booking for one night…near the A42 would be bang on…maybe there is something near Donnington Park?

Can anyone point me at any good places?

Ta

andrew
    Free Member

How about this? (And if I remember right there’s a weekly ride sets off from there on a Monday (or maybe Tuesday) night. You could have a nice couple of hours of p&q whilst your missus sorts the kids out. I’m sure she’d appreciate the quality time with them 😀

<sigh, momentary reminiscence> I’ve many happy memories of the cycling around Rothbury and my girlfriend who lived there. </sigh, twenty year old memories fading>

markenduro
    Free Member

JT
    Try here, think this might be where Andrew was trying to link to.

lister

Cool, that’s the sort of thing…bit pricey though, and we could do with a child friendly bedroom…i know i’m being picky, sorry!

Any other ideas?

MoreCashThanDash

Ooooh, I like that John Thompson thing – it’s on a route I have penciled in to try one day this soon as well…….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Midlanders! I need your help to find some accommodation.’ is closed to new replies.