Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Middleburn Rohloff spider query – Retro fit boost double.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

is the RS8 middleburn spider that lists 54mm chainline – is it 54mm to ring in the outer ( normal Rohloff position) or 54mm for the inner tabs….

the fact it suggests the outer tab is set up for guard that its the inner ring position set at 54mm

– anyone done a set up with long bolts and a 30t thick thin with appropriate spacers(wheels mfg makes them in loads of thicknesses) and long steel chainring bolts – off the back of one for a boost double set up on the inside of the tabs – that would put the chainline at 52mm between the inner and outer rings – and in a mock up with an M760 that would work.

thinking 30/42t – which i couldnt do with spider tabs in the middle – the gap between rings with the mandatory 30t stand off makes the gap too large and the chain tucks in the gap.

– I tried middleburn direct last week but no response.

I feel some expensive experiments coming along….

tjagain

My shand rohloff with middleburn cranks has the chainring on the inside of the tabs at 54mm chainline if that is any help

tjagain

too late for the edit but looking closer mine cannot take a chainring or bashguard on the outside of the tabs – the spider is not machined for that.  are different spiders available?  IIRC its a separate part to the arms

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah you get them with guard or without which prompted the question.

A Standard Duo wont fit due to the chainline.

ideal would be their sub compact 5 arm RO1 spider but its on a 45mm chainline so would be in the middle of my chainstay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.