Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Middleburn duo question
  • dizcostix
    Free Member

Can the duo rings be used as part of a 2×10 setup or am I restricted to a 2×9?

njee20
    Free Member

It’ll be ok, may not shift quite as well, but then you bought Middleburn rings, so shifting quality obviously isn’t a priority 😉

dizcostix
    Free Member

excellent, ta!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

but then you bought Middleburn rings, so shifting quality obviously isn’t a priority

+1

The Duo is a good example of a good idea , poorly executed.

dizcostix
    Free Member

please explain – why is it poorly executed say in comparison to the latest sram incarnations?

michaelbowden

Hi

My mate tried running X-type cranks duo with 10 speed and really suffered with chainsuck. He discussed it with Matt at Middleburn. The rings are designed 9 speed (10 on the way).

I now have his set-up on my bike but running 9 speed and no problem. A way round it until Middleburn do 10 speed rings may be to use the triple spider using someone else’s rings

ruscle
    Free Member

I got the latest middleburn 4 arm duo’s and have run them with 9 and 10 speed set up, no difference in shifting, not the greatest but its middleburn and British so will always get my support.

letmetalktomark

I prefer running my Renthal (32T) and Truvativ (42T) rings on a Middleburn dual spider than the Middleburn Duo rings on my other set up.

Gives a better set of options, ring wise, for a very comparable weight.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Middleburn duo question’ is closed to new replies.