Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • middleburn cranks fitting problems
  • trailmoggy
    Free Member

just fitted a shimano un54 sqaure taper bottom bracket size 113×73 which is what i pressume to be correct on my intense 5.5

my next job was fitting middleburn RS8 cranks but when i fit the cranks to the bottom bracket and nip the crank bolt up the crank on the drive side butts up tight to the flange on the bottom bracket and obviously stop it turning

i bought these cranks of the dreaded bay so i may be a spacer or washer missing

what and i missing or done wrong?

ratcatcher

I`ve had simialar problems with some cranks. on some bb they went on too far others were ok only real solution 115 bb?

trailmoggy
    Free Member

so why would this be?

every website i went on said i needed a 73 x 113 bottom bracket

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dangerousbeans
    Free Member

trailmoggy,

I had this wirh a set of Middleburns about 9 years ago-they ended up needing a 118mm un72 to fit right.

No idea why cos as you say all the sites say 113mm.

Good set of cranks they were, only retired them last month as one snapped – and Middleburn honoured their lifetime replaacement!!

trailmoggy
    Free Member

cheers fella’s

i thought it was me doing something wrong or maybe missing a spacer

i’ll go and buy a 118mm bottom bracket then i suppose

TrevorB

Is the axle shaft flush with the bottom of the recess in the crank arm? If so, the cranks have been over-tightened over time allowing the crank to move too far up the taper. Middleburn will replace these under warranty for a nominal sum, if you contact them.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

don’t think so as its only the drive side the catches and the depth of the axle shaft is the same on both drive and non drive side

if thats what you mean trevorb?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘middleburn cranks fitting problems’ is closed to new replies.