• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • middleburn cable oilers ?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

anyone used these?

i was thinking about sticking them on my full outer set up…

opinions gladly received…

paul

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have some but never really use them

Not sure how many I have but some red and some gold ones

E-mail in profile if you want them [FREE]

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They do what they say they do. Weather they are really necessary is anyone’s guess, but they seem to make a difference to me 🙂

danti

Got them on my full length XT outers as newer Gore cables I had on couple of winters ago didn’t even last 6 months and had been fitted properly.

They seem fine so far, making it through one winter, got 3 on the whole length and just a squirt of lube once a week or so during the winter and probably once every 2-3 weeks the rest of the time.

whyter

If you have full outers, I wouldn’t bother if you have decent semi-sealed end caps. They certainly prolong the life of cables when you are running a few sections of outer and water/crud can get in at a few points.

yossarian
    Free Member

I run them on my commuter and they definitely help keep things running nicely.

For the money I’d say they are worth it.

nealy
    Free Member

I’ve got them and they work. They cost £6 and make it a 1 minute job to look after your cables and keep them working smoothly in filthy sub zero conditions. No brainer IMO

monkeyboyjc

I think that they are a great, inexpensive, worth while addition to most bikes.
    I had them on both my Alfine set ups (8 and 11),it makes a difference because its a little bit of a pain to lube cable outers on a Alfine (re-setting up the gears each time).
    Now i’m back running a ‘normal’ cassette with internaly routed cables i’ll add them in when i next need to replace the cables.

davemcc43

I’ve got some on my ST4 fitted with a Rohloff and I think they are great.

Definately recommended!

DAVE

dickie
    Free Member

I’ve used them now for a few years on all bikes I put together – they are excellent.
    I usually install one about 75mm from each shifter, & one on the rear mech outer on the chainstay/seat stay.
    Quick blast with GT85 every few washes.

FOG

not a massive game changer but definitely do seem to keep cables smoother longer. If you are changing cables and outers anyway the small extra expense is worth it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘middleburn cable oilers ?’ is closed to new replies.