Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Middle-aged People – are you familar with the term "Banda Copier".
  • Esme
    Free Member

Anyone remember those faded hand-written foolscap worksheets, with the faint odour of methanol/ethanol?
    Produced on a Banda Copier, before they introduced that new-fangled photocopier thing.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Middle-aged People – are you familar with the term “Banda Copier”.

Is it this guy?

Esme
    Free Member

Ah yes, I didn’t read the full thread 😳
    Thanks, Stoner (and others)

Cougar

I’d never heard of it. It’s possible that our school used one for worksheets but it’s not ringing any bells with me.

Esme
    Free Member

You are clearly far too young, Cougar 😉

jimdubleyou

I’m nudging 40 (does that count) – never heard of it until today.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

nope never heard of it. Is it something they used in the war?

nbt

I’m 43. I wouldn’t have known the name but having seen the other thread title, I knew *exactly* what you meant

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Does it refer to the pilots that follow the lead kamikaze pilot on a mission?

globalti
    Free Member

I though that was a Roneo copy? It produced faint purple print like this:

ThePinkster

Yep I remember them. My Dad used to be a teacher and I remember helping him produce copies of stuff he’d typed by cranking the handle on the side of one over & over again.

I was very young at the time though.

..honest….

mudshark
    Free Member

My teachers used them at various schools right up until I left college in ’89.

Stoner
    Free Member

It was all a bit before my time.

But My brother and I did produce our own ceefax on the amstrad 464.

Harry_the_Spider

I remember a failed assassination attempt on a maths teacher in about 1983. Somebody tried to bump him off by putting Banda fluid in his brew. Unfortunately the plan was foiled as the brew turned purple and stunk of alcohol, much like the intended victim.

TiRed

Gestetner. That’s all. Just old enough.

bartyp
    Free Member

I remember a microfiche machine in the local library. The general public were never allowed to use it, and you’d have to wait for the fierce head librarian to try to find the information for you. This was always very slow, and not always successful, as she had terrible eyesight and hand-/eye co-ordination.

franki
    Free Member

Yep. We had them at infant / junior school. Used to love the smell of newly printed sheets!

franki
    Free Member

growinglad
    Free Member

I was never one for that new fangled technology….

This is where it’s at

ampthill

Yes I was at a weird cross over in teacher training

I use to make banda work sheets by running them through a dot matrix printers. I then added diagrams by hand. I even used a variety of colours by using different colour “ink sheets” on one master

I think this was because it was cheaper than photocopying

Cougar

I remember a microfiche machine in the local library.

Ye gods, I remember those. We had half a dozen in our library I think, they fascinated me as a kid. Pretty sure they were free to use, I vaguely remember having a play with one for about ten seconds until the novelty wore off.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Banda sheets defined the smell of purple!

miketually
    Free Member

I remember those sheets from primary school, which I left in 1988. Apparently, teachers would always run off fresh copies for bottom set classes that they taught on Friday, because the fumes would settle them down a bit.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Middle-aged People – are you familar with the term "Banda Copier".’ is closed to new replies.