Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mid summer early morning ride.
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Up at 03:35, bird song at 03:45, wheels turning at 04:00 to ride some local trails 👍

Anyone else?

tdog
    Free Member

I’m pushing my legs to the PO soon as bike is out of action due to dodgy RF cranks QC fail

ferrals
    Free Member

Not that early but am often out by 5.30-6ish, either for a long commute or just to get an hour in before the family are up.  I do enjoy it, never had a bad day after achieving something before breakfast… plus as  typical brit i dont like the heat so early morning is good!

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

What time do you go to bed if you’re waking up at 3:35?

I woke up at 6 AM this morning with the intention of taking the dog out before work.  I went back to bed until 7:30.

I wish I was a morning person.

hooli

I think I have done well if I am out the house by 9, sod getting up at that time of the morning.

Besides, I always preferred sunsets to sunrises 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

Was in bed around 22:30, up at 03:35.

Saw: big deer, little deer, big hare, 2 mahoosive lurcher / great dane things & had a magic moment in the woods when i’d stopped as something was rattling (loose caliper!), i had my allen key out to tighten up the bolts, when a badger shuffled down the undergrowth directly towards me, he only realized i was there when about 1 meter away from me, jumped a bit, & then shuffled off again with a fair few nervous looks back.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/288sKCt]Sunrise.[/url] by martinddd, on Flickr

marksnook
    Free Member

I normally wake up and take the dogs out around 5am, every morning I think I should be riding but only have an hour until I leave for work. It does happen on a weekend sometimes though. It’s a magical time of day for sure

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Up at 0445, kicked myself out of door for just under an hour at ~0725.

Not sure if that counts as early ride though, a commute ride would have been earlier!

eth3er
    Free Member

Fun story, I’ve been doing that on the same trailt once a year for the last 10. One day I’ll make a timelapse. Out the door a bit before 4, watching the sun rise from the top of Burbage moor about 4.40, take a picture back in bed by 5.30 up at 7 work for 8. It’s surreal and wonderful and beautiful and quiet and so very different and the lack of people is quite novel. Highly recommended.

@qwerty
    are you planning on going out again before it gets dark?

piemonster

I’m often out the door at 5:30 on the MTB. Great time of day to be riding!

Mister-P
    Free Member

In previous years I have been out on the road bike at 5:30am to get a 50 miler in before work.  This year I have failed to find that level of enthusiasm.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mid summer early morning ride.’ is closed to new replies.