Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • mid layer hoody recommendations please
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

As title, I’m after a mid layer hoody. doesnt need to be packable. would like a funky colour.  Arcteryx Atom LT looks good but a little dull (i.e the colour i have seen are black, grey etc)  and expensive: The cheaper the better, but price doesn’t matter if its worth it.

Cheers!

jam-bo

Taunton leisure have atom lt’s for £110 at the moment.

I have one. It’s probably one of my most worn jackets.

edit. Only in stupid sizes though.

kormoran
    Free Member

I’m currently on my third Atom Lt, they are excellent jackets. They are very warm for the weight, under a waterproof they are super toasty. They are surprisingly robust – the oldest one I use at work when it’s chilly, i’m a builder and often on a scaff. They don’t rip or tear, the cuffs and all the detailing have stayed the correct shape and kept all the elasticity. Zips perfect. I’ve had great bright colours by searching online and paid about 140-150 each time, not cheap but they have been good value for money. I would definitely have another.

footflaps

Patagonia nano air hoody, my favourite hoody – super soft and comfy, reasonably wind proof.

https://eu.patagonia.com/gb/en/product/mens-nano-air-hoody/84365.html?dwvar_84365_color=BSRB#tile-1=&q=nano%2Bair&lang=en_GB&start=1&sz=24

I did have an Arcteryx Atom LT, but didn’t get on with it and sold it on Ebay. I prefer the SL, which is super light and use that for commuting to work quite a bit, although the hood gets in the way (keep meaning to cut it off and sew up a proper collar).

sprootlet
    Free Member

You could try Norrona website, if you register then you can access their outlet section and see if you can pick up a bargain (relatively)……

To find the outlet section then click on the mens tab then the outlet tab. I recently bought my other half some lovely 2 layer gore tex salopettes for less than £100.

Be aware that their clothes do seem to have longer arms and legs than some other makes.

They have free delivery and, more importantly, free returns which I have used with no problems at all

matt_outandabout

Alpkit ones look good, but I’ve never worn one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘mid layer hoody recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.