Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Microwave scrambled egg recipes
  • MadBillMcMad

cheese + chilli

carlphillips
    Free Member

2 eggs 1/2 teaspoon of english mustard tiny bit of milk…whisk..
    1min stir 1 min

trust me its gorgeous.

DezB
    Free Member

It takes a lot to shock me and this thread is one.

Next you’ll be telling me a baked spud done in the microwave isn’t a baked spud!
    (not that I actually eat them)

brassneck

Microwave scrambled eggs are ok, easier to clean bowl than a pan

It’s really not with a non stick pan and enough butter.

doris5000

oh, and for those ‘eww, a microwave?’ comments, you may just as well be suggesting that induction hobs are the work of the devil or something. yeah, it’s a different way of heating stuff up. think of it like, I dunno, magic.

EXACTLY!

that’s why i fry pork belly and cook my rice under the grill. 🙂

…it’s a texture thing. personally i can’t stand the texture of microwaved eggs and always use a pan on the lowest possible heat (unless i’m being extra poncy and doing it in a bain marie, which is the ideal but a bit of a faff…)

on the subject of throwing things in, spinach is a good one to try towards the end, just wilt it a bit 🙂

slowoldman

I’m a bit non-plussed by the concept of taking something as delicate as scrambled egg and adding chilli or hot sauce.

DezB
    Free Member

i can’t stand the texture of microwaved eggs

It ain’t eggs, it’s scrambled eggs. I bet I could do you a blind taste test and you couldn’t tell which was which. Come on, I dare ya!

Coyote
    Free Member

Way too much faffage above!

Melt a knob of butter in a pan. Just as it starts to sizzle crack 3 eggs straight into the pan. Pinch of salt, good bit of pepper and gently whisk in the pan. Takes about 30 – 40 seconds to cook, minimal washing up required and very tasty.

Microwave indeed.

ads678

I do scrambled eggs in the microwave for the kids sometimes as they don’t care.

If I do them for me though, it’s always in the pan.

Whisk a couple of eggs, melt some butter in a pan, put eggs in pan and keep it moving, take it out the pan when it’s just under cooked. put it on some toast with some sauted mushroom and a dollop of brown sauce on the side.

sazter

only me who finds the post that resurrected this thread a little odd?

ransos
    Free Member

Next you’ll be telling me a baked spud done in the microwave isn’t a baked spud!

Correct. It is a microwaved spud.

Gary_M
    Free Member

eggs (2-3 pp depending on hunger)
    butter
    salt
    pepper
    whisk a bit (leave it marbly)
    put some toast on
    microwave eggs, taking out to stir regularly.
    butter toast
    put in face

This but with a splash of water added, approx 1:20 in the microwave.

It’s not artisan, its not flowery **** but it tastes great.

There is no added taste benefit to cooking it in a pan. If it makes you feel smug then that’s fine but don’t pretend it tastes better.

Smoked salmon, cooked bacon, cheese, etc go in after the eggs are cooked.

personally i can’t stand the texture of microwaved eggs and always use a pan on the lowest possible heat

If you stir a couple of times during cooking and don’t over cook then there’s no difference in texture

ads678

only me who finds the post that resurrected this thread a little odd?

Hmm, now you mention it. How about some spam with your eggs!!

ransos
    Free Member

So in summary, we’re saying microwaved scrambled eggs are ok as long as you keep taking them out to stir. I thought microwaves were supposed to be more convenient?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

2-3 eggs, Pepper, Salt,Milk and then quickly mix them up.

Add a small chunk of butter.

Microwave for 1 minute, stir, Then 30 seconds, stir, another 30 seconds stir and eat.

Found that the chunk of butter in it makes it taste the same as made in the pan stuff

johndoh
    Free Member

minimal washing up required

I never wash up frying pans after doing eggs (I try not to wash them at all). Build up a layer on the pan then no need to add butter/oil etc to stop it sticking – healthier too.

benp1

I use microwave as it’s so much easier and quicker. I honestly can’t tell the difference, as long as they’re not overdone

Mine is 3 eggs, splash of milk, lots of pepper and some tabasco.

Whisk with fork, 30-40 seconds in microwave, quick stir with fork, then another 30-40 seconds. See how it’s doing through the window and add more time if needed

Either eaten out of the pyrex measuring jug I do them in or put on top of some toast

Gary_M
    Free Member

So in summary, we’re saying microwaved scrambled eggs are ok as long as you keep taking them out to stir. I thought microwaves were supposed to be more convenie

Once or twice in around 80 seconds doesn’t define ‘keep taking them out’ to me.

tops5
    Free Member

Never tried micro scrambling before – but inspired by this thread we have just given it a go – very nice! 🙂

grenosteve
    Free Member

Just pepper and eggs for me. 2mins in the “nuke-o-tron” at home.
    Goes nice on brown toast with a bit of chili jam on the side. 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Microwave scrambled egg recipes’ is closed to new replies.