Microwave scrambled egg recipes

Home Forum Chat Forum Microwave scrambled egg recipes

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Microwave scrambled egg recipes
  • Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Why does it have to be a microwave? Why would you use a microwave? Whats up with a pan?

Best scrambled egg recipe is to break all your eggs into a bowl, then cut up a load of smoked salmon into small pieces and drop them in, get plenty of black pepper in there, and stir it all up. Leave it to stand for a while. Then cook your scrambled eggs, with added salmon, as you would do normally. It lightly poaches the smoked salmon as it cooks. Serve on toasted bagels with loads of butter

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. A regular Sunday Breakfast at our house, that one.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

What you are asking for isn’t scrambled eggs

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

eggs (2-3 pp depending on hunger)
    butter
    salt
    pepper
    whisk a bit (leave it marbly)
    put some toast on
    microwave eggs, taking out to stir regularly.
    butter toast
    put in face

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

I like to put my smoked salmon in towards the end. less poached.

And given the choice, not in the microwave.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Pan with butter, low heat
    Eggs in bowl with milk and Double Cream/Creme Fraiche then some pepper, whisk then into the pan. Once very little stirring then when nearly ready off the heat and stir at the end. Takes 6 mins.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

3 eggs, two slabs of butter.

one slab melted in pan, add in ever so slightly whisked eggs. When eggs are almost cooked but still runny, add in second slab of butter, and turn off heat.

Give it a minute, mix again and pour on top of a massive piece of thick crusty toast.

None of this cream/creme nonsense, and certainly no salmon!. ๐Ÿ˜€

torsoinalake

He asked for microwave recipes. Presumably because like many of us, he only has access to a microwave in the work kitchen.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

He asked for microwave recipes.

Yes and certain things just are not worth doing in a microwave. On Christmas day morning when I was promised scrambled eggs and the microwave binged a bit of me died on the inside.

Premier Icon midlifecrashes
    Subscriber

Eggs, pesto, cream.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

nedrapier – Member
    I like to put my smoked salmon in towards the end. less poached.

+1

Maybe with a splash of double cream, if it’s Christmas morning. ๐Ÿ™‚

cheekyboy

He asked for microwave recipes. Presumably because like many of us, he only has access to a microwave in the work kitchen.

Eggsactly !
    try a bit of grated cheddar, chop a bit of chilli the night before, what about a snippet of chorizo, maybe you would like to steam a few veggies and crumble in a bit of feta !

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

If you’ve only access to a microwave, then what the hell are you doing buggering about with scrambled eggs for?

Torminalis

Scrambled eggs from the microwave?

Ramsey Neil

mikewsmith – Member
    What you are asking for isn’t scrambled eggs

POSTED 49 MINUTES AGO #

If you do it right there is no difference between scrambled eggs done in a pan or a microwave except that you might miss out on the burnt bits .

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

I don’t own a microwave so I do proper scrambled eggs.

You’re all wrong though.

Butter in pan, 4 eggs whisked lightly with black pepper, cook until JUST set, small spot of single cream.
    Smoked salmon served separately in slices not chopped up and put in the eggs.
    Wonderful with walnut bread.

BTW a friend of mine did do scrambled eggs in the microwave and they were fine.

Torminalis

If you do it right there is no difference between scrambled eggs done in a pan or a microwave except that you might miss out on the burnt bits .

Can we get some scientists in here and validate this please because my survey of one says it is nonsense.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

yeah but the no dairy for me was

If you burn them in a pan then you did it wrong
    Edit
    Failed Chemist
    Data Scientist
    and more

mikey74

Following on from the muesli thread: Show me your microwave scrambled eggs brekkie recipes. I don’t really do milk so preferably without, if possible.

jam1e

Alex Horne did a recipe for microwave scrambled eggs on 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown last week. Didn’t look too impressive though.

[video]https://youtu.be/HE_udrfO99E?t=22m20s[/video]

(22mins, 20 seconds in since YouTube linking with a start time doesn’t seem to work)

Klunk

four pieces of chorizo four pieces of pepperoni in a frying pan get them sizzling in their own fat, add 2-3 eggs whisked with pepper serve on toast with ketchup.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

are we getting a little close to omelets here?

Premier Icon nickdavies
    Subscriber

Scrambled eggs go in the microwave. They’re for 1 pot cooking where you really can’t be bothered to faff with the washing up – eggs in bowl, butter splash of milk loads of pepper and nuke. Throw in salmon at the end if you’ve been watching a bit of Delia or you’re trying to impress the missus.

Eat from same bowl with spoon used to stir. (This step may or may not be compatible with trying to impress the missus)

If you’re going to get a pan out you may as well go the whole hog and do a full english/welsh/scottish!

Rob Hilton

When at work amaze your colleagues by

1) making boiled eggs in the microwave
    2) using metal to do it and not causing a runaway chain reaction that causes the multiverse to implode like most people seem to think would happen*

http://www.spatulaspoonandsaturday.com/2009/06/03/how-to-boil-an-egg-in-the-microwave/

*exaggeration for effect

Mr Woppit

Microwaves are for heating up last night’s take-away.

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

Microwave scrambled eggs are ok, easier to clean bowl than a pan. On the occasion I do them this way it’s just eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Key for me is to cook for a min, then fork through, then cook etc, makes sure they are not over done which is easy to do in the microwave.

soobalias

so nickdavies (edit – jambalaya also) is the only person on the thread who isnt so selfobsessed that he can answer the question.

i know how to make scrambled eggs properly

however, if i could knock something together via the microwave in the same time the porridge takes* – im interested.

Is the milk essential?
    how long?
    how many stirs?

*0.5 scoop porridge
    1.0 scoop water
    micro 1:30
    leave to set while $h1T/Shave/shower
    eat

Ramsey Neil

soobalias – Member
    so nickdavies (edit – jambalaya also) is the only person on the thread who isnt so selfobsessed that he can answer the question.

i know how to make scrambled eggs properly

If you “know how to make scrambled eggs properly” then do it exactly the same way except cook it in the microwave and if you don’t like milk then leave it out . The question of how long and how many stirs depends on how much you are making and the power of the microwave . Expect it will be pretty cold after you sh1t / shave/ shower though .

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Tomorrow morning I will be eating some great pan cooked scrambled eggs, go the microwave route and your down to the bad American cafe thing of just eggs…

Premier Icon Del
    Subscriber

eggs, salt, pepper. stir. ding. stir. add to toast.
    err on the side of under-done. if it has to go back in, only for 15s at a time.
    was first lunch today. 8)

Premier Icon Del
    Subscriber

oh, and for those ‘eww, a microwave?’ comments, you may just as well be suggesting that induction hobs are the work of the devil or something. yeah, it’s a different way of heating stuff up. think of it like, I dunno, magic. ๐Ÿ™„

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Its witchcraft, is what it is!!!!!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU[/video]

Premier Icon Del
    Subscriber

๐Ÿ˜€

skids

you gotta get the timing right in the microwave, eggs, milk, seasoning, beat them. heat until they are almost set then beat them again, heat again

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

Im obviously a bit borring but I just like a bit of black pepper in with mine, whisk well

stir a few times and i like to leave it a wee bit runny in the middle, mix it up and let the superheated microwaved bowl keep it warm

whack on some buttered toast

i also find orgeano goes well with eggs, but not sure id want to dilute the purity of my scrambled eggs

oh and cooking it in a pan is the culinary equivalent of choosing to ride v brakes and elastomer sprung forks

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

Ahem, I’ve got a degree in food science and worked in the industry for many years. I make scrambled eggs in a pan, MrsP makes them in the microwave. I’ll eat them both. Despite making irritated noises when she uses the microwave I can taste no difference. But then my sense of taste is rubbish which is perhaps why I don’t work in food development any more! Not sure that any of that helps. ๐Ÿ™‚

thomthumb

my breakfast every day:

2 eggs scrambled.
    hot sauce.

don’t need to add anything to eggs to scramble them either pan/ microwave.

Rob Hilton

I make scrambled eggs in a pan, MrsP makes them in the microwave. I’ll eat them both.

So she has to make more for herself? Bit unfair.

Premier Icon sparkyrhino
    Subscriber

Fry bacon in pan(usually full pack),microwave 4 eggs a splash of milk until just a bit runny, when bacon cooked remove and chuck in the eggs.everthing taste good cooked in bacon fat.

andyl

Surely it’s just a case of:

Break eggs in bowl
    Whisk
    Add salt and pepper if wanted
    Microwave for 20 seconds – check, break up skin
    Repeat until just a bit runny
    Stick on buttered bread
    Stuff face

But if I am feeling hungry, scrambled eggs normally consist of:

Kale and diced pepper in the wok in a bit of rape seed oil and cook them for a few minutes
    Add some cubed chorizo or black pudding, cook a bit more
    Add some mushrooms and halved plumb tomatoes
    Add a knob of butter and then eggs mixed with a splash of milk
    Add some sliced spring onion or chives and then sprinkle on some poppy and sesame seeds just before serving.
    Serve with a side of granary toast with plenty of butter and cut into triangles ๐Ÿ˜€

beicmynydd

Extract / decant the white of the egg and mix with instant porridge add a little milk heat in the micro for about a minute and a half.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Microwave scrambled egg recipes’ is closed to new replies.