Microwave oven doors

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Microwave oven doors
  • andrewh

Hello.
    Most (all?) microwaves are rectangular.
    I have only ever seen them with the door on the long side.
    Is there one anywhere with the door on the short side?
    Given that the spinning bit inside is usually circular I can’t see that it matters, just need to find somewhere else to put the controls. Can make a difference as to where I could fit one.
    Cheers.

Premier Icon Rich_s
    Subscriber

I can’t help with your query op, but not all microwaves have a spinny thing. Ours is fairly conventional but the mil has one with a pull down door rather than a side opening one which might give you a different option depending on what you are looking for?

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

corner microwave here

I have this small simple microwave, no spinny internal plate and 4 buttons. One start. one cancel,  one for defrost setting and one for cook setting, to increase defrost/cook times you press the button and timer increases by 30 seconds for each push. The only time it gets used is to defrost stuff i’ve cooked and frozen but it seems to work fine and sits on a shelf in back kitchen above freezer

simple small microwave

We bought a flatbed microwave last week, no more spinning food! 😮

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

Is there one that has sound effects that aren’t permanently set to 11? Why are they so loud?

andrewh

Thanks all.
    TBH the spinny thing might be a bit of a red herring, I was just using it to illustrate the point that the food chamber (if that’s what it’s called) must be fairly similar in both dimensions.
    What I was really looking for was a microwave that opens on the short side. It’s going in a camper van, playing with the layout (again) and there’s an ideal space for it, but if it opens on the long side it would open into the bike bit under the bed, if it opened on the short side it would be accessible from the living area, much more practical. I just don’t ever remember seeing one that way round.

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

If it’s for a camper van then you can get teeny microwaves with doors that lift up that are designed for camper vans, my mate lives in his VW Karmann T4 and he has a teeny microwave with a lift up door, it draws less amps than a microwave designed for house electrics. He’s away somewhere in morocco/tunisia at the moment so can’t find out more details but i expect you’ll find similar with a google search

andrewh

Cheers Soma, didn’t know there were specific ones, was just going for a small (700W-ish one) and a big (1KW+ inverter) but that sounds better, will have a rummage on the google
    Lift-up door would work better if it was on the shorter side though, otherwise I’ll have to find somewhere to put it. Unless the long side is quite short, but that might limit the space inside.

joshvegas

Is there one that has sound effects that aren’t permanently set to 11? Why are they so loud?

See also my washing machine that screams at me to empty it.

Its been two hours since i put it in not five weeks. i’ll probably remember to empty it before it goes mouldy but no i MUST empty it half way through dinner.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.