Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Microsoft Excel Help required
  • Lazgoat
    Free Member

I need some help with finding/identifying missing customer accounts from a master list. I have a Master list of our customers agreements. A second shorter list is of those customers with outstanding orders and a third even shorter list of those orders processed.

Somehow List two and three don’t add up to the whole Master list. Some accounts aren’t on either list. I need to find them quickly and easily.

Is there an Excel equation that can run on the Master list and check the other lists for the same agreement number and then if not found mark itself somehow?

Thanks,

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

VLOOKUP is probably your friend here, assuming the customer name / reference number is unique and consistently used accross the lists

geoffj

This is one of those questions where vlookup will actually help you.

edit: Beaten by cheesy – make it easier by sorting ascending on the field you are going to use with the vlookup

Although I’d recommend moving to a better integrated/relational way of managing this information in the future.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrNice
    Free Member

I think i’d be using COUNTIF but VLOOKUP could be made to work

Stoner
    Free Member

use IF and ISERROR with VLOOKUP to handle #N/A that return from missing account numbers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Microsoft Excel Help required’ is closed to new replies.