Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Microsoft 365 – where from?
  • stevemorg2

My 365 subs have run out 0 renewal via MS is 79.99 and I’ve just wasted 2 hours of my life trying to sort an Amazon sourced renewal code. Can anyone recommend a decent reseller? Am not looking at the cheap dodgy Ebay ones

Cougar

Do you need an O365 sub? MS Office is free online and there are several alternatives.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/free-office-online-for-the-web

mashr

Can you not just a new one from Amazon? (Genuine question as I’ll have to do the same soon)

stevemorg2

Just tried a new one off Amazon – wouldn’t work and am now waiting for a refund

phil5556

Currys were cheap a couple of weeks ago

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

What are you looking at Amazon for? Why not just buy it straight from MS?

From the horses mouth

Coyote
    Free Member

What bikingcatastrophe said. When my sub is up for renewal, MS let me know and unless I say otherwise it’s renewed with no input from me. £79 isn’t bad value…

phil5556

Because it can be had much cheaper if you shop around. Although obviously not without its issues

Jakester
    Free Member

CDKeys?

Used them for something else yesterday and it worked fine.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

£40 from amazon for ours recently, all working fine, somewhat sure it was from amazon themselves not a third party shop, don’t hold me to that though

uwe-r
    Free Member

Bit of a side question but I have an older version on disc bought legit with a key obvs. Being an older version pre 365 its not an annual sub so that is great.

However

My current lap top has no cd drive – can you download older versions?

scuttler

As up there ^^^ you’re in luck as Argos (the undisputed king of the high street / retail park / online / Sainsbury’s click and collect) have it £39.99. I keep one of these in the drawer and they’re at this price around 4 times a year so I have a HUKD alert to tell me when. Bin the McAfee (it’s separate anyway) or you might even sell it on fleabay – I’ve had £7 for mine previously.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8837505

stevemorg2

Cheers all – got 30% off through work – easy purchase straight off the MS site

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

For personal use I’ve used older versions that came boxed on DVD no subs. Office 7 (this one needs updates to run but works once done) and 10. Put-em on multiple machines across different Windows OS’s. Used OpenOffice and Libreoffice so don’t really have a preference, I’ll use whatever’s going.

SH copies of Office 10 must be kicking about cheap. Used previous versions after several OS revisions and out of support, my house did burn to the ground though!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Microsoft 365 – where from?’ is closed to new replies.