Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mick Karn RIP
  • TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Not a good day for popsters

tankslapper
    Free Member

Blimey! What’s going on in the world?

(If you see four blokes on horses RUN!!!!!)

rOcKeTdOg

did his eyebrows ever grow back (or was it eyelashes)?

i used to be a big Japan fan

Brake-neck
    Free Member

If you listen to the sessions he did with Gavin Harrision he was so much more than a pop player, RIP

CountZero

Listen to Rain Tree Crow to see how much more than a ‘pop’ band Japan really were. It’s the same line up. Mick did some pretty avant guard stuff too. *sigh*, not a good day for music, really.
    <edit> just remembered, David Sylvian did vocals on “Buoy” and “When Love Walks In” on Dreams Of Reason Produce Monsters by Mick Karn in 1987 as well.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Very sad

slimtubing
    Free Member

Fretless Bass’ all over the world are weeping tonight.

nickf
    Free Member

As when Ari Up died, sad for the family, but I honestly couldn’t stand the music.

When I heard the sad news yesterday I immediately had droning fretless bass noises playing in my head, which won’t go away. Reminds me that the 80s had some very low moments.

DezB
    Free Member

Only 52. Very sad, used to love Japan back in the 80s, saw them a couple of times. Mick’s sidewards “moon walk” was most memorable.
    Cancer is a right bastad innit.

Woody
    Free Member

Damn – that’s sad.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flHWJoDt3Yo&feature=related[/video]

crazant
    Free Member

Swing …One of my favourite Japan songs, been a massive Japan and all of them on their own projects fan since 1981….

Just listening to Sylvians Sleepwalkers CD now…..

Will stick “Titles” on the Ipod and have a few quiet minutes for Mick and also his family…

R.I.P

Pigface
    Free Member

Sorry he has gone but that is just dirge imo, didn’t like it then still cant get it now.

The drummer was/is married to Sheila Rock I think.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mick Karn RIP’ is closed to new replies.