Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Michael Schumacher- anymore news?
  • wonderchump
    Free Member

Irrespective of your views on Schumacher’s career and the level of aggression shown on the track, what is undeniable is the talent the man had.

I am first and foremost a Ferrari fan having been lucky enough to be in a position to go to most of the world’s circuits to stand side by side with the Tifosi. Yes, Mr S has a special place in the hearts and minds of anyone who admires the folks from Maranello, but more than this, it is the recognition that he was more than a driver – he was a test pilot of sorts.

His views and engineering insight helped teams to better their cars. Even when he returned from retirement, despite not being at the top of his game, he made a difference at Mercedes helping to develop the car and the team on or off the track. His partnership with Ross Brawn is testament to what can be achieved.

I don’t know if he’ll ever make a full recovery but I do hope he makes a sufficiently good recovery to have a decent quality of life. He may never walk again, let alone get behind the wheel of a hyper-car. I do hope both he and his family find the peace and privacy to come to terms with whatever happens next.

Mantastic
    Free Member

There must be something wrong with me as I couldn’t give a flying **** what happens to him. I wish him no ill but life is life, rough with smooth etc. He will be last weeks news soon.

You all hate me now.

GrahamS

Couldn’t really give a crap about any of that.

He’s a husband, father and son who looks to have suffered an incredibly unfortunate accident, in circumstances that are spinechillingly familiar to most of us. 🙁

(And it would be equally sad if he wasn’t famous – we’d just be a lot less likely to hear about it)

piemonster

What GrahamS just said

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Indeed. The man himself probably isn’t aware of what’s happening to him, but it must be awful for his kids and other close family.

iainc

I had a big off on the bike a few days before his accident. I landed on my head, split my helmet, unconscious, lost loads of blood, ambulanced, plastic surgery etc. It could have been quite different for me too. I was riding a trail I’ve done before, just a freak thing. Thankfully my wife and kids aren’t having to deal with what his are…

1981miked
    Free Member

I hope some of you or close to you never have a serious accident. Not a sympathetic bone in your body.

Hi is a father, husband, son, brother etc.. There is a family willing him to pull through and show signs of recovery, knowing deep down that this probably won’t happen.

Of course these accidents happen every day to every day people, but due to Michael being known worldwide this is news.. This is the way of it, sometimes it sucks, sometimes it’s a reality check. Whatever feelings and opinions you may have on him as man, competitor or the way he chose to ski off piste, the long and short of it is, he will more than likely spend the rest of his life being fed through a tube. Just imagine for a second it was somebody you knew.

I knew a guy who fell off the the ladder of his Transit van while securing a load, banged his head and was knocked out, he was conscious and talking when the Ambulance arrived, they put him in a medically endured coma.. And he never regained consciousness… They switched the machine off after a week.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Dear lord there are some people on this thread who REALLY should keep their nasty little thoughts to themselves.
    Regardless of who was and what he did, his family have lost their father / husband / son and if he survives, it’ll be little more than a husk of himself. Possibly worse for them than if he had died.
    My father in law has dementia and quite frankly its **** awful watch him slowly fade away phyically and mentally. Some parallels there with Schumacher.

garage-dweller

Graham S well said sir.

He is a human with no history of war crimes or mass murder or similar. What he may or may not have done in a racing car was a matter for the fia.

Husband, father, human I wish him and anyone who faces similar difficulty nothing but the best.

spacemonkey

**** me there are some ****s on here tonight.

Have some ****ing respect for a fellow human being. He wasn’t a dictator sending millions to the grave, he was a wholeheartedly committed racing driver, albeit an egotistical one, who happens to be a family man too. For that reason, I sincerely hope he pulls through.

Sort it out or **** off.

hora
    Free Member

You know Damon should have been a double world champion. He did things right. Came too late in his talent window due to his family circumstances. Maybe he had 3 in him.

I was a big fan from start to finish.

I take my glasses off and rub my face slow and hard over Schu’s situation now. Its **** awful. Too hard to understand how his life will turn out. Like a nightmare ending
    Awful. Terrible. Yeah we dont know him personally but we have been aware and followed his life to a degree so stop the internet silliness.

neilco
    Free Member

There must be something wrong with me as I couldn’t give a flying **** what happens to him. I wish him no ill but life is life, rough with smooth etc. He will be last weeks news soon.

You all hate me now.

Yet you’ve posted twice on this thread that you claim not to care about. Suggest you need to take a good look at yourself and your motivations. Homework all finished early, huh?

All the best to Schumacher. Like a lot of MTB’ers, I’ve had an off which resulted in cracked helmet, blood everywhere, X-rays and stitches to my head. That was just a Sunday afternoon messing around like we all do. Could have been a lot worse, like Schumacher. Thoughts go to him and his family – whether I cared about him as a driver or not, I have a enough empathy to imagine myself or close friends in that situation, so I have a little compassion to share here.

solarider
    Free Member

I can see some similarities with Martin Ashton here. Both had a terrible accident. Both performed at the top of their game prior to being struck down with life changing injuries. Why does one deserve universal sympathy and the other not? Why is it OK to be concerned about one, yet voice comments about ‘why should it matter if he is a celebrity’ about the other?

A fellow human being had an accident which was relatively straightforward after a life spent undertaking one of the most dangerous sports on the planet. I would say that regardless of the basic human tragedy here, the irony and poignancy alone command interest, celebrity or not.

I for one wish both of them and their families all the best

Mantastic
    Free Member

Neilco Sadly no homework tonight, am plenty old enough and been through enough to understand that people’s energies and love should be spent on those closer to home rather than spent on what is a complete stranger.

I do also believe I am entitled to an opinion even if it doesn’t conform to the masses.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I take it you’re at the local Emergency Department this evening doling out tea and sympathy Mantastic?

neilco
    Free Member

Mantastic – I tend to find that people I respect learn from their experiences and develop understanding and empathy from these. Of course, I don’t know what your experiences are, so maybe I need to stand corrected at some point and yes, one of the joys we have is that we all have an opinion and a forum to share it on.

As for energies? Fair point. There’s a lot of people outpouring positive energy here. Not exactly my scene, but if that is what people want to do, then fair play, who’s to stop them. I’d agree with you that energy should be spent on those that best benefit from it – likely your nearest and dearest rather than someone you have never met. Where I got confused was that you came back twice, now three times, implying a monitoring of this thread, to express negative energy. That’s contradicts your statement and is just a little weird. Whether Schumacher is deserving of your thoughts is up to you, but common decency would tend to suggest that publicly and in an unsolicited manner declaring you don’t give a toss is just a bit off, in my book. Not to mention trying too hard.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do also believe I am entitled to an opinion even if it doesn’t conform to the masses

You are perfectly free to out yourself as heartless and berefet of simple human emotions like sympathy and empathy for another plight as publicly and often as you like

hora
    Free Member

Mantastic. The title of the thread or started first post wasnt ‘so schu who gives a ****’? Was it.

So at best you are off topic

tomhoward

I do also believe I am entitled to an opinion.

Why is everyone who spouts this always a ****?

Hope he pulls through to some kind of normality.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Thanks for the personal insults. Seems to be common on here for those who don’t tow the line.

Very mature

beefheart
    Free Member

Don’t feed the troll (he’s probably got school in the morning).

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Wow you’re so brave to express such controversial views on a forum .

Toe the line by the way

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nothing to do with toeing the line. It’s about a bit of respect and common decency.

I do hope that you never have to deal with anything like that in your life.

If you can’t say anything nice, then don’t say anything at al.

Shred
    Free Member

I lost my mother to a bad head injury. While we had her for a while longer after the accident, it was in a massively reduced capacity.

My thoughts are with his family, as well as with all involved.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Bigyin I have dealt with plenty hence my point above, invest your time and thoughts to those around you and not those who have bugger all to do with you and would probably ignore you if you passed them in the street.

euans2
    Free Member

Thanks for the personal insults. Seems to be common on here for those who don’t tow the line.

Very mature

Sorry, but the last line made me laugh… Have you actually read some of the rubbish that you’ve posted?

Now jog on son, you’ve stated on numerous occasions that you have no interest in whats happening with Schumacher.

This type of injury is so close to home for us bikers! Wishing Schumacher and his family all the best for the future and hopefully they can regain some form of normality

brakes
    Free Member

I know two guys who have been in comas, one of them for 5 weeks, and they’ve both made full recoveries.
    Let’s hope we see Schumacher’s smug grin back soon to laugh at the penis-nosed monstrosities that will be racing F1 this season.

Junkyard
    Free Member

invest your time and thoughts to those around you

thanks for posting that on the internet

iainc

As per my post a wee bit earlier, those of us who ride bikes/do stuff with any additional risk over normal existing are just as likely to be one of those bad statistics. My head injury whilst messing up my face and leaving lifelong scars could very easily have been similar to MS. Yeah, I’m pissed off I fell off on a routine trail and messed up my good looks and will have a sore mouth for a long time, but jeez, look what the outcome could have been.

We all enjoy riding bikes/hill walking/climbing/skiing/whatever, sometimes it takes a sobering event, or being very aware on one through a story like this one, to make us realise that we are actually quite fragile and shouldn’t take it all for granted. Also, with head injuries, if its that serious, its our loved ones that will suffer, not us.

novaswift
    Free Member

Having recently watched » the crash reel « I,d like to think there’s some scope for a good recovery doesn’t sound good though. Anyone with a heart would sympathize with people going through this famous or not. Good luck to him and his family

beefheart
    Free Member

Echoing that,

This type of injury is so close to home for us bikers! Wishing Schumacher and his family all the best for the future and hopefully they can regain some form of normality

Totally true.

‘Mantastic’ = a troll/****/prick.

grtdkad

Yup, too many immature, attention seeking trolls on this particular thread.

Grow up and show some respect

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Nothing to do with toeing the line. It’s about a bit of respect and common decency.

I do hope that you never have to deal with anything like that in your life.

The insults however which would in real life probably be threats of violence, serve to highlight that this thread isn’t actually about Michael Schumacher. It’s a therapeutic device for people who partake in a sport where such injuries occur and whom haven’t come to terms with their own eventual deaths.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s a therapeutic device for people who haven’t come to terms with death.

It’s not that at all…no matter how much you’d like to believe it.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh…look, a funny meme picture.

And an edit.

You clever guy!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You seem like an angry person, if you’re you’re affected by anything in this thread, you can call the Samaritans at any time on 08457 909090.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Me, angry?

Yes, very. You seem able to read people very well and combine it with excellent communication skills. I love how you get your point across and always enjoy reading your contributions. Keep them up, please.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I must add, I loved your last use of sarcasm as I suspect from your post you already knew that sarcasm is anger and hostility disguised as humour.

Don’t get too angry, you might hurt someone in a blind emotional rage over a celebrity you’ve only ever seen on tv.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Michael Schumacher- anymore news?’ is closed to new replies.