Viewing 37 posts - 121 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • Michael Fallon
  • kerley
    Free Member

As Dianne Abbot said this is a cross party issue

No doubt but I would put money on a higher proportion of tories being implicated. Any takers?

kimbers

Not sure of that, they are all dodgy

question regards Hopkins will be if he did anything else after reprimand, or whether there were previous allegations

geetee1972
    Free Member

This is the extremely worrying timeline re Luton Labour MP – promoted AFTER written allegations

Did I hear correctly that the alleged incident was a hug and then a ‘suggestive’ text?

jekkyl

It’s a great time to not be an MP and sit gleefully watching the whole thing unravel everyday. I wonder how many people on that list are today contacting friends in industry and setting up a potential position if it all goes A over T for them.
    I also wonder how many MPs really need the money? surely nothing can touch if you’re a millionaire. Why would you worry about losing your job if you don’t need the money!?

tjagain

kerley – Member

No doubt but I would put money on a higher proportion of tories being implicated. Any takers? [/quote]

Nope. Old skool labour is full of serial gropers. I doubt there is a significant difference

Junkyard
    Free Member

This is a serious issue lets not descend into tribal politics about it

Yet you seem to be giving much more attention to one side than the other whilst reminding us. I do love the irony of you quoting Dianne Abbott – you do seem to hold her in such high regard.

Did I hear correctly that the alleged incident was a hug and then a ‘suggestive’ text?

No you heard what you wanted to hear. HTH

nickc

nah, he rubbed himself on her, lamented that his office wasn’t empty otherwise he’d love to take her there, asked whether she had a boyfriend and other personal questions, sent her a text which was pretty much a thinly veiled proposition…

sleazebag really…

kimbers

That’s the next level from Damien Greens knee rub & dodgy text !

Again unless there is more to this story to come out, which wouldn’t surprise me

geetee1972
    Free Member

nah, he rubbed himself on her, lamented that his office wasn’t empty otherwise he’d love to take her there, asked whether she had a boyfriend and other personal questions, sent her a text which was pretty much a thinly veiled proposition…

And then he was reprimanded for this, as in, it was accepted that this is what actually happened?

See whatever anyone thinks I think, for the record, this is the kind of behaviour I firmly believe constitues gross misconduct and should result in dismissal from your post.

It is genuinely unfathomable that if a formal investigation established that this is what happened it should only result in a reprimand.

kimbers

Fallon now calling Leadsome a liar

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41854582

Do worry that what is a serious issue is becoming a tit-for-tat squabble.

Certainly Fallon giving that impression and we all know that Tories fighting like rats in a sack ever since the referendum, but once it’s at the ‘he said, she said’ stage then it becomes hard to prove anything and the bloke gets away with it as usual

gobuchul
    Free Member

Not quite.

However, this was towards another Minister. Can you imagine how he behaved towards researchers etc?

As you have argued, many times, that most men don’t behave in a bad way, then the ones that do must be rampant.

I’ll ask you again, as you didn’t answer on another thread, how would you feel if a senior colleague was sending “suggestive” texts to your wife? Just banter?

Junkyard
    Free Member

See whatever anyone thinks I think

Its hard to tell as it seems to have changedfrom

incident was a hug and then a ‘suggestive’ text?

to

the kind of behaviour I firmly believe constitues gross misconduct and should result in dismissal from your post.

kimbers

It is genuinely unfathomable that if a formal investigation established that this is what happened it should only result in a reprimand

According to the BBC last night the complaint at the time only included the dodgy text and after the reprimand the woman considered the matter settled.

Obviously she no longer thinks it was, as she has revealed it was more than that, whether she felt pressured not to push it too far for fear of damaging her career is at the root of the problem

nickc

It is genuinely unfathomable…

nah, it’s national politics remember? In a country where a lot of the press is right wing, some of it severely so, and most of it anti Corbyn and it’s perfectly rational* to end up in this situation. Don’t wash your dirty linen etc etc…

* It ain’t right by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s rational.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Its hard to tell as it seems to have changedfrom

Well that’s because a hug isn’t the same thing as rubbing yourself on some and telling them you’d like to take them into an empty office.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do worry that what is a serious issue is becoming a tit-for-tat squabble

I said this earlier and we need to be careful of trial by ordeal/social media

We do need to get guilty people but we also need evidence

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Kelvin Hopkins came into our secondary school in Luton for various functions as our local MP – luckily he didn’t try anything as our kids would have had him (MP or not) as they were pretty lairy……

kimbers

Grew up in Dunstable so I can verify that Luton kids are pretty lairy.

I imagine his is the next resignation incoming from, possibly standing down, he is 76.

(Not sure if Patel might beat him to it if it turns out she didn’t pay for that holiday to Israel)

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’ll ask you again, as you didn’t answer on another thread, how would you feel if a senior colleague was sending “suggestive” texts to your wife? Just banter?

Sorry I missed your question.

The problem with a text being described as ‘suggestive’ is that it doesn’t mean anything, the term is full of ambiguity and means different things to different people in different contexts. Simply calling a text ‘suggestive’ tells us nothing other than what the person receiving it wants you to think.

I think what you want to ask me is ‘how would I feel if a colleague of my wife tried it on with her’ and the honest answer to that is ‘a lot less worried than I would be about her response’.

Would it bother me that another man found my wife a deeply attractive woman that he would like to get together with? No I wouldn’t be remotely surprised.

Would it bother me that someone in a position of ‘power and influence’ in respect of their relationship with her did that and used that position to pressure her, yes of course it would and I would encourage her to make a formal complaint.

Not that I would need to do that; my wife’s a pilot for crying out loud and a captain at that. She ‘flies the bloody plane’ and doesn’t need anyone nannying her in respect of keeping a bunch of gobshite blokes making stupid lewd jokes in order.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Would it bother me that another man found my wife a deeply attractive woman that he would like to get together with? No I wouldn’t be remotely surprised.

You seem to think it would be some kind of complement? Really? 🙄

ransos
    Free Member

The problem with a text being described as ‘suggestive’ is that it doesn’t mean anything

If it didn’t mean anything, then people wouldn’t keep doing it.

geetee1972
    Free Member

You seem to think it would be some kind of complement?

I would see it as a recognition of the exact same thing that I original saw in her and why I ended up marrying her.

I would see it as ‘normal’ behaviour.

If it didn’t mean anything, then people wouldn’t keep doing it.

For clarity I simply meant that if someone in receipt of a text describes it as ‘suggestive’, without knowing what the text said and the context in which it was sent, you know nothing other than that the person said they felt it was ‘suggestive’.

kimbers

I think that Fallon now accusing Leadsom of lying is quite serious, its the age old way of discrediting the victim

That his friends are now briefing against her & warning she might bring down the government if she doesnt stop only makes it worse

gobuchul
    Free Member

I would see it as ‘normal’ behaviour.

Well there you go.

Junkyard
    Free Member

can we please stop feeding him. We all know what he thinks and we all know he will derail any discussion about women being treated poorly to a discussion about him.

chip
    Free Member

By rubbed himself against her. Do they mean his penis?
    Was he hard? Could it of been just consequence of the hug. Did he wiggle his hip like hoola hooping or was he rutting like an over excited dog?

I need more facts.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Well there you go.

Men trying to get togther with women and in some instances other men because they find them attractive, is normal behaviour. It isn’t something that is or should be seen as, a problem by default.

Doing that with a colleague is not neccessarily a problem but it might be.

Some companies have a formal policy that make office romances an incidence of gross misconduct. I’m not sure I like that but that’s not really the debate here.

But I am not saying that someone using a position of influence or authority to achieve that outcome is acceptable; it’s not. Best leave well alone in those instances.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Men trying to get togther with women and in some instances other men because they find them attractive, is normal behaviour. It isn’t something that is or should be seen as, a problem by default.

That is normal.

By rubbing yourself against them and then following it with suggestive text messages, while at work, I would suggest no.

someone using a position of influence or authority to achieve that outcome is acceptable; it’s not.

But what if it’s just normal behaviour because they fancy them? Where’s the harm in that?

DrJ

(Not sure if Patel might beat him to it if it turns out she didn’t pay for that holiday to Israel)

Holiday where she happened to have meetings with Israeli ministers. As you do, on holiday.

Not really sure what “who paid” changes?

theotherjonv

Holiday where she happened to have meetings with Israeli ministers. As you do, on holiday.

while accompanied, on her holiday, by a pro-Israeli lobbyist. Who just happened to be in the same place at the same time as her family holiday.

Quack quack, again……

kimbers

Clive Lewis apparently grabbed am activists bum

And Tory MP (I’ve never heard of) Michael Elphick suspended & assault claims referred to police

matt_outandabout

Thing I can’t understand is surely a prerequisite of being a tory mp is that you are a depraved sexual deviant..

It’s been true throughout history… so unless fallon has been caught felating one of the Queens corgies whilst it’s dressed in a miniature pair of assless doggie chaps.. I can’t see what the issue is..

You win the internet…

PJM1974
    Free Member

Ordinarily, a minority Conservative government dealing with the greatest constitutional crisis since the union would be able to at least be able to negotiate the silence from the pro-Tory web news disseminators who actually leaked this in the first place.

This would smack of an inside leak, but for the 40 names mentioned are from across the Leave/Remain spectrum. Something really doesn’t smell right.

tjagain

I suspect that it was done by a wronged woman. Just a guess. I thought I had read somewhere that the list was by women for the use of women staffers so they knew who to avoid but maybe I imagined this.

It would make sense tho if it was leaked by a victim who got fed up of inaction.

zippykona

Maybe Enola May is going for suicide by cop.

pk13

Putin was going to do the job but after reading a few emails/files realised he couldn’t make British MPs look any worse than they aready are.

kimbers

According to telegraph (so probably BS) Tories been sitting on allegations for a year

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/03/tory-mp-charlie-elphicke-suspended-referred-police-following/amp/

Viewing 37 posts - 121 through 157 (of 157 total)

The topic ‘Michael Fallon’ is closed to new replies.