Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mezzer question
  • Premier Icon docgeoffyjones
    Free Member

I Have just received a set of Manitou Mezzers from Starbike. There is a bit of oil on the stantions that looks like it is from the lowers. Not sure if this is just from being shipped or an indicator of a problem with the fork.

I have emailed Starbike to ask them about it. But just wondered if anyone had had similar issue with Mezzers or any forks being posted?

Premier Icon ta11pau1

You mean like this?

Funnily enough, just had mine delivered today – perfectly normal, just means they’re well lubed. You don’t normally see it on your bike, as the oil in the lowers sits at the bottom due to gravity. But when being delivered, your forks will have been on their side, upside down, all ways including upright.

Nothing to worry about.

Pic for well, shiny stuff. 😀

Premier Icon andyrm
    Free Member

Yep absolutely normal. My V2 ones (bleed ports, different damper tune from v1) arrived like that, just means well lubricated from the factory.

On a side note, ta11pau1 those look amazing! 😍😍

Premier Icon ta11pau1

Yeah, they’re very nice! 😀

Saw the LE ones get announced and it was a done deal! Impressed that you even get a little bag of slick honey with the travel adjust spacers, thought I was going to have to buy some.

Premier Icon captainclunkz

Yeah absolutely fine mate. Mine came from Starbike and came well lubed up. Stunning performance for a budget!

Premier Icon docgeoffyjones
    Free Member

Thank you both. I will crack on with getting mine installed and wishing I had gone for a silver pair.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.