• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by easily.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Mezcals – yes or no?
  • easily
    Free Member

That’s it really.

I need new tyres. I was thinking of Terreno but they are puncture prone apparently. Mezcals seem a good fit for my needs. I d be looking at 29×2.1 TNTs … or should i go for the TLRs?

Any advice from those who’ve tried them will be gratefully received.

legometeorology
    Free Member

If you are worried about punctures, go for the TNTs as the TLR lack any sidewall protection

I’ve had Mezcal TNT before and had no problems on longish XC days out

13thfloormonk

I didn’t think Terreno were puncture prone, unless you’re talking about the TLRs (even then, I’ve used the TLR Terrenos in the deepest darkest Cairngorms and got almost all the way round until a pinch puncture on the Glen Derry descent which is a bit of a boulderfest).

My TNT Terreno Dry on the gravel bike have been pretty good other than two pinches right at the bead from heavy impacts, but the Mezcal will be exactly the same construction at that point I would have thought.

fasthaggis

Just ordered a set of Mezcal 27.5×2.1 to try out.

matt_outandabout

I have TNT 27.5 2.1’s for ‘summer’ and occasions such as long distance on gravel and roads.

They don’t half zip along compared to my usual 2.3 heavvier tyres,

I have not had a puncture other than a pinch puncture.

They are wearing well.

I like them.

Just don’t try them in wet mud…..

fasthaggis

Yeah,that was my plan matt,(dry) mtb xc and fast gravel with a hint of grip. 😉🙃

13thfloormonk

with a hint of grip

Ah, so not the Terreno then.

I felt like I needed to warn my riding buddies in advance, I would be using the entire width of the track on every corner 😎

spawnofyorkshire

@easily – I’ve got a barzo + Mezcal pair in 29×2.1 – I think they are TLR’s – PM me if you’re interested as they’re not needed now

rOcKeTdOg

fine for late spring to early autumn, use in winter if you want to hone your unexpected rapid dismount skills

fasthaggis

TBH,I have always been in the adapt or crash/die learn new skilz group.
    When it comes to Grovel/XC lite,there is never going to be that perfect for everything tyre,so I just relax and enjoy the surprises 😆 🤣

matt_outandabout

enjoy the surprises

It does make it more fun.

scaredypants

I quite like a mezcal – good puncture resistance from new forest flintyshite

docrobster
    Free Member

I have a 29×2.6 mezcal that I like to stick on the rear for free speed from April to September. It’s Tnt and has never punctured or lost air after its first outing. I really like it

grip seems much better than it should be for the tread

rstephenson
    Free Member

If you did want terrenos I’ve got a pair of 29×2.25 tnt with the grey sidewalls for sale. They’re in the classifieds or pm me.

blitz

29×2.6 is an awesome fast dry conditions tyre. Awful in mud but it’s not designed for it.

gs_triumph

I’ve got a brand new pair of mezcal 27.5×2.1 I don’t need. Wasn’t enough clearance on my frame gravel frame for them (ambitious, I know)

One was fitted and removed straight away. Other still packaged.

Pm if they are any good to you.

easily
    Free Member

Thank you people, there’s loads of really interesting stuff for me to consider here. I also enjoyed all the stealth ads, though none of them were quite what I need.

13thfloormonk
    Someone here pointed out that MTB size Terrenos are different from gravel bike size terreno mix or dry. The MTB tyres are quite thin, apparently.

Next question:
    does anybody know of any good deals for Mezcal TNT 29 2.1?

Jamz
    Free Member

Sigma sports had some decent prices not long ago, might be worth a look.

Put a Barzo on the front if using in mixed conditions.

addy6402

Next question:
    does anybody know of any good deals for Mezcal TNT 29 2.1?

BikeInn

easily
    Free Member

Thanks, that’s a good price.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.