Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 407 total)
  • #MeToo
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Can you do an EQ test please?

I have done EQ test several times but you know that they are variable right, I mean the scores can change and improve.

I generally score quite well on them. I know very well who I am, I know very well what people think of me and I’m reasonably good, when motivated to do so, to modify my behaviour in response to this.

I haven’t done that here because I’ve chosen not to and there would be very little point.

BTW the notion of EQ turns out to be more or less the same thing as IQ and in some circles is largely regarded as a nonsense construct anyway (it lacks construct validity is the argument that is levelled).

johnx2
    Free Member

Tom_W1987Member

my overall experience of my English friends relationships have been that of dysfunction and mental health issues.

¿Qué?

Kryton57

This thread is even more mental than a mumsnet feminism thread.

+1 Calm down please.

My second Stoic quote of the day:

“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one”

Marcus Aurelius

geetee1972
    Free Member

my overall experience of my English friends relationships have been that of dysfunction and mental health issues.

My mother always used to say the same thing (she’s a Polish immigrant/refugee from WW2). There is something about high context and low context cultures that might explain this. It’s worth reading about as Japan and the UK are very high context and places like Germany and the US are very low. Probably doesn’t explain everything but it is intertesting.

johnx2
    Free Member

…whoops. Having now skimmed the previous couple of pages I’ll gently back away 😳

Kryton57

geetee1972 – Member
    You can’t even spell it. Now that is irony.
    I’m opinionated, dogmatic, often insensitive and when it comes to debating or arguing, I am apt to pursue my own lines of reasoning headlong with little consideration for the views of others.

But the one thing I am not Ransos, is intellectually challenged.

If ever there was a personality trait that need a Training Course on How to Be Engaging and Empathetic with People, there it is right there.

Put this thread to bed GT please, before Cougar/Drac do and I hope they do for your own sake mate, and I mean that politely with your own interest at heart.

jimjam
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

Another point that I’d like to make, now I’m in the mood for shitting on people.

What the **** did the OP expect? It took a twitter hashtag to make him shocked about male and human behaviour?

Hundreds of thousands of years of wars, rape, genocide,forced marriages, dehumanisation of out groups vs in groups… shock horror…. men are arseholes.

Who knew it guys? I’m as **** shocked as you are.

Thank you posting that, as it was pretty much my initial reaction. I still can’t wrap my head around it, especially in the context of Harvey Weinstein – a near billionaire serial abuser in a postition of power over hundreds if not thousands of people and basically a production line of young women being fed to him.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

#HoldenCaulfieldWasRightAboutPeople

Watch The Thin Red Line, Penns character gets it.

In fact, so mucb so that I am literally going to **** off and make an island for myself.

So much stupidity, so little time.

giantalkali
    Free Member

BTW the notion of EQ turns out to be more or less the same thing as IQ and in some circles is largely regarded as a nonsense construct anyway

I’d never heard of it until I googled ‘lack of empathy test’ and it came up.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Here’s a challenge
    Can you explain what you mean? I’m not sure I understand.

What I mean is I once delved into forums and youtube channels in an attempt to understand what this ‘red pill/MGTOW’ business was all about. The content and comments ranged from ‘mild’ misogyny – ie ‘all bit***s are good for is breeding and housework’ – to aggressive misogyny, rape fantasy/violence towards women/female celebrities, and/or rape-victim-blaming etc etc.

In the interest of balance I sought to view channels from militant (female) feminists to see if the content and comments in some way mirrored this, yet I couldn’t seem to find a match either in proliferation or such violent content.

So then (again in the interest of contrast/balance) I looked up ‘female red-pill’ discussions. Once again, I couldn’t see the massively aggressive hatred of feminists (or women in general) that I saw on the male channels/comments.

If anyone has a strong stomach and half an hour to waste, I (do not really) recommend they go look.

samunkim
    Free Member

@ giantalkali

Funny cause I got

Voight-Kampff Test

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

In the interest of balance I sought to view channels from militant (female) feminists to see if the content and comments in some way mirrored this, yet I couldn’t seem to find a match either in proliferation or such violent content.

The closest I’ve found are radical feminists that espouse euthanising males, keeping them in communes etc…. but generally these are blogs by individuals…. not communities like you see with the MGTOW **** heads.

I think this is partly due to the way society socializes women, whereby it encourages caring behaviour on their part. Females that I know that are attracted towards more radical or violent activism tend to do it for things like animal rights activism, men do it for themselves.

jimjam
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

The closest I’ve found are radical feminists that espouse euthanising males, keeping them in communes etc…. but generally these are blogs by individuals…. not communities like you see with the MGTOW **** heads. [/quote]

Almost as if…men and women were somehow different in some way. Has this been discussed?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

See above, I edited.

jimjam
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

See above, I edited.

I think this is oartly due to the way society socializes women, whereby it encourages caring behaviour on their eir part. Females that I know thatvare attracted towards more rafical or violent activism tend to do it for things like animal rights activism, men do it for themselves.

Then we’re into a nature vs nurture, biology vs society argument. Again. And we have done it before. Several times that I remember. I guess this thread could take another tangent?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Yeah. Watch this thread turn in a 30 pager with a bunch of men who can’t recocile acting as the protector of women (as asked by the Guardian) and women being biologically equal to men.

Oh the great manatee…this should be a good one.

How many pages of personal abuse are we going to see Jimjam?

jimjam
    Free Member

No, it was only 6 last time. Well 12
    if you combine the two threads.

Urrrgh.

giantalkali
    Free Member

samunkim – Member
    @ giantalkali

Funny cause I got

Voight-Kampff Test

It’s your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin wallet.

Kryton57

It’s your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin wallet.

Genuine Calfskin?

ransos
    Free Member

I’m sorry, but I have a huge problem with that – you are the type of peraon, who’s behaviour and character is open to taking part in lynch mobs.

Insults and accusations: how sad.

Do keep going: you become more absurd with every post.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

No, it was only 6 last time. Well 12
    if you combine the two threads.

My shower thought of the day is, when we’ve socialized women to be more like men and men to be more like women. Arent we going to cancel out the work done, because women will start killing and raping like men do.

WHOOOOO progress you **** morons! We’ll be well on the way to becoming a type II civilisation!!!!

Kryton57

Edited.

Attempt at lightening the thread belittles the point undeservedly. Apologies.

emsz
    Free Member

I know I’m reasonably smart,

yeah, your massive intellect is shining through 🙄

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Insults and accusations: how sad.
    Do keep going: you become more absurd with every post.

I just engage with it and in it – in a more robust manner than you. Don’t trick yourself into thinking that you’re a particularly nice person.

binners

Blimey! This thread really has gone full

Time for nurse Ratchet to put the calming music on and make sure everyone has taken their medication. 😯

ransos
    Free Member

I just engage with it and in it – in a more robust manner than you. Don’t trick yourself into thinking that you’re a particularly nice person.

You made your motives very clear with an earlier post.

I’m in the mood for shitting on people.

I suppose if you count barely coherent ranting, aggressive posturing and faux indignation as success criteria, then you’ve done exceptionally well.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

aggressive posturing

This is rich.

jimjam
    Free Member

binners – Member

Blimey! This thread really has gone full

It was going so much better when you were just relentlessly bullying geetee by piling on all manner of hyperbolic insults about what a misogynist he is while, ironically enough, trying to imply that any abuse he might have suffered was entirely in his head.

binners

geetee1972
    Free Member

It was going so much better when you were just relentlessly bullying geetee by piling on all manner of hyperbolic insults about what a misogynist he is while, ironically enough, trying to imply that any abuse he might have suffered was entirely in his head.

Jimjam I am sure you don’t really mean that so please accept an Olive Branch from me, offered with sincerity, I’m sure you’re a good person, as am I and that given the right situation, we could easily find common ground. I’m not sure about Binners though……

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

What a lovely, empathetic response Binners, are you sure you aren’t the one with problems?

I may disagree with Geetee, but you lot have acted in an utterly vile manner towards him.

Lovely, lovely thread and a real eye opener. I’m not going to bother trying to engage anyone on the intersection between race and feminist issues,as I’d like – because I don’t see any point in discussing it with you lot. Hilariously, I think Geetee would actually take more time to consider other peoples opinions and would be more open to others views than some of you “right on” types. Geetee is someone who could be convinced of your view by considered and reasoned posting – and you idiots have done nothing but do exactly the opposite to that. How does that help the cause? Oh wait, it doesn’t. Good work.

Jimjam I am sure you don’t really mean that so please accept an Olive Branch from me, offered with sincerity, I’m sure you’re a good person, as am I and that given the right situation, we could easily find common ground. I’m not sure about Binners though……

He did mean it, you just read it the wrong way GT.

Junkyard
    Free Member

OF all the people to argue for polite discourse its you Oh the **** irony.
    Getee change his views are you just talking the piss ? no one on here does and he keeps opening multiple threads on the same thing , sidelining threads and making everything about him and his agenda. the one thing he will not be doing is changing his mind.

I’ve done a few IQ test that have given me a score of around 120-130 which is classed as ‘very superior intelligence’

No its not its barely [116] more than one SD above the norm and two standard deviations[132] above and below gives you 64% of the population with 16% being exceptionally bright or exceptionally dumb. Its above the average but exceptional it is not

Basic stats on bell shaped curves for you there. I Used to teach this stuff. Do you want some more free first year undergraduate psychology for free?

I’m sorry, but I have a huge problem with that – you are the type of peraon, who’s behaviour and character is open to taking part in lynch mobs.

weirdest ad hom shooting of the messenger attack I have ever seen on here and thee have been some weird ones.

jimjam
    Free Member

binners

Binners, you do realise that when people disagree with you you have a habbit of variously feminizing them, emasulating them, or in some way implying that their behavior or their opinions are caused by the fact that their are menstruating and/or female?

It doesn’t exactly square with the right on, male feminist persona you seem to want to cultivate.

Just saying 😉

binners

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I thought only about 2.5 percent of the population was above 130.

OF all the people to argue for polite discourse its you Oh the **** irony.
    Getee change his views are you just talking the piss ? no one on here does and he keeps opening multiple threads on the same thing , sidelining threads and making everything about him and his agenda. the one thing he will not be doing is changing his mind.

I’m an arsehole towards other arseholes 90 percent of the time, or at least I try to be. I’m definitely guilty of going beyond that sometimes. Have you noticed that I never take part in the derision of Chewkw or Jivehoney though – like so many on here? There’s a reason for that, their views may be out there – but they don’t seem like complete jerks – both of them are harmless.

I disagree wholeheartedly with your assessment of Geetees ability to see sense though. Are you lot suffering from some kind of post traumatic stress disorder caused by Ninfan and Jamby? I found myself genuinely quite stunned when I got round to reading this thread – and it wasn’t by Geetees fairly standard misogyny. Even for this place, and I consider myself a veteran and partaker of a fair number of incredibly obtuse threads – this one stands out as being neither interesting or entertainingly firery – it’s just nasty.

I won’t be getting as involved with the e-slapping in future, as this ones made me feel like I need to go and have a shower.

geetee1972
    Free Member

No its not its barely [116] more than one SD above the norm

Oh. I could be wrong but I thought 130 was two SDs over the norm, where the norm was 100 and the SD 15 but I could be wrong. It doesn’t bother me either way. I’m happy being ‘smart enough’, I didn’t make any claim to being super smart (I shouldn’t have posted that statement though as that’s just something that I found on a site about IQ distribution. That was wrong of me sorry).

Do you want some more free first year undergraduate psychology for free?

Thanks but I have access to someone with a PhD in the subject and have done enough of my own reading in my own under grad and post grad (MPhil) to feel comfortable with the subject.

jimjam
    Free Member

geetee1972 – Member

Jimjam I am sure you don’t really mean that…

I was defending you so you should probably re-read my post, or take note of the context.

binners

Junkyard
    Free Member

I didn’t make any claim to being super smart

not only did you claim you were smart you were superior and not only superior but exceptionally superior
    the second point rather shows you did mean it and you do want to be seen as smart despite your protests/

IME bright people dont need to convince anyone its obvious as its obvious to me who you are trying to convince and its not us

I am leaving this I meant what i said on the other thread

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

As I remember it, Don’t MENSA have an unusual SD which give the wrong impression of most scores?

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 407 total)

The topic ‘#MeToo’ is closed to new replies.