Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Meteorologico mit Paula
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I’m in Madrid currently. And it’s nothing like the dodgy Channel 9 from the Fast show. Everyone seems really nice, extremely well dressed and attractive, and the city is lovely with great architecture and lots of cool bars and shops.

However I just watched a lovely (non-bimbo) woman spent about 10 minutes on the weather forecast talking in detail about how the entire country is going to be warm and sunny. It panned to each region and zoomed in to reveal.. warm sunshine! (Not scorchio, it is October after all.) Oh except for a tiny bit of the far north west where it might rain. They could have saved a lot of time there I think. I couldn’t help but think of the Fast Show sketch.

molgrips
    Free Member

FFS Singletrack haven’t you heard of distributed transactions? It’s not that good of a thread.

sirromj

hot_fiat

I’m in Barce right now. Their TV does tend to embrace the stereotype.

But then there’s only one funny thing in Europe right now: ”y ahora el Ingles!”

molgrips
    Free Member

I watched a good bit of Spanish Masterchef though, it was pretty funny. More like Bake Off with loads of people, comedy, and two old blokes who had no idea what they were doing.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Watched La Vuelta on tdp this year and listening to the commentary talking about the CCC team (pronounced th th th ) reminded me of Paul Whitehouse’s newsreader on the Paula Fisch sketch.

feed

I was flicking channels the other day and came across what must have been an old spitting image parody of the house of commons, oh, hang on……….

koldun
    Free Member

It always rains in Galicia 🙂 Madrid does seem nice, i’d be tempted to move there if my current job would shift from Barcelona (which is better to visit than live in). The generally mild and sunny winters do make for great year-round riding in these parts.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Madrid is an inferno in the summer and freezing in the winter, we have friends from Sheffield who live there and were very surprised with the harsh climate. We live in Southern Cataluña near Tortosa and have a near perfect climate.
    Casa Tomillo

mogrim

I’m in Madrid currently

Anda, me too. Small world. And yeah, the main weather forecast is pretty detailed. @pistonbroke you’re wrong, Madrid’s climate is great – nice and hot in summer, nice and cold in winter.

molgrips
    Free Member

And by the sound of it this is normal for autumn, which is lovely, sunny, not too hot, and dry. Perfect weather.

nickc

I watched a good bit of Spanish Masterchef though

Was in Paris a while back, and had the telly on while I did some work in the hotel room, and watched the French version of Master Chef, then the French version of Pointless and then the French version of one of those “Move to the Country” style house buying programmes…

While I knew that some TV shows are syndicated and sold into other countries, I had no idea it was as depressingly similar as it clearly was…21st capitalism sucks balls sometimes

regenesis
    Free Member

People forget just how big mainland spain is – hence the detailed forecasts.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m in Barce right now

Sounds cozy 😆

toofarwest

pistonbroke

Watched La Vuelta on tdp this year and listening to the commentary talking about the CCC team (pronounced th th th ) reminded me of Paul Whitehouse’s newsreader on the Paula Fisch sketch.

Hethethethetheth hethethetheth …….. Chris Waddle

molgrips
    Free Member

People forget just how big mainland spain is – hence the detailed forecasts.

Point is that the weather was uniform, so the details weren’t really required.

mogrim

And by the sound of it this is normal for autumn, which is lovely, sunny, not too hot, and dry. Perfect weather.

Madrid’s autumn lasts about two weeks, you’re lucky to be in the middle of it.

And the weather’s rarely uniform, which is why they have a detailed forecast. Not to mention the fractured regional politics in Spain meaning the national channels have to tread very carefully when broadcasting…

jimmy

Mella Bella Bigwans!

athy62
    Free Member

INFLATION

do I win?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Meteorologico mit Paula’ is closed to new replies.