Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • metal sheds
  • zilog6128

Want a metal shed to replace knackered wooden one. Will only be used to store tools/garden stuff, not bikes – essentially want an external cupboard! Seen an Asgard one which looks ideal, it’s exactly the right size (5′ x 4′) for the existing base and opens along the long side. Looks quite smart, pitched roof, vents etc. Quite spendy mind especially if you spec all the extras (could no doubt make shelves, hooks etc myself though)

Anyone got one? Are they worth it? Anything better for the money or as good but cheaper? Price not the major factor (I see they offer a 10% STW discount!) but the 3 month waiting list is a bit tedious!!          

Saccades
    Free Member

I’ve a big metal shed, 3×4.5m with just a roller door (agricultural standard).

It’s great, I specced a flock roof so there is no condensation drip (my previous metal shed didn’t and it rained in there).

It’s pvc coated and 5 years old and looks brand new, dry, spacious and I’m very happy with it.

I can’t store cloth as it’ll get mildew but for bikes/tools/wood (popcorn & candyfloss machines) it’s great.

Mine was on a par cost wise with a wooden shed, came with a free bench and gutters, made the shelving with about 200 quid of wood

zilog6128

Wouldn’t want anything near that size! Where did you get it from though?

MoreCashThanDash

Intrigued by the big metal shed/small agricultural barn. Hopefully having a shed replan next year, and that’s an option I hadn’t considered.

eskay

My old (Apex?) metal shed used to drip with condensation in the winter. I never managed to make the bottom of the floor/wall watertight and I think that caused the condensation.

Saccades
    Free Member

@eskay

No, it’s pure condensation as the air mass keeps the internals of the shed warmer so the cold walls/roof at night allows the moisture in the air to condense.

I had a yardmaster cheap Argos metal shed previous to this one and it was like it was raining at times on a windy clear sky night.

This still gets condensation but the flock roof means it never forms drips.

There is a laptop for zwift, a stereo, larder fridge and a load of power tools all fine. I have Halfords roller drawers and massive socket sets all in perfect condition.

I’m in Ireland (wooden sheds are a piss take cost wise, made out of tissue paper or ok and a fortune) and got it from Adman metal sheds (it’s a durastore). I’m sure there are equivalents in the UK.

downshep

Just built a 4×8 Globel steel shed and can confirm that condensation is pretty bad. Alas fire safety regs at the caravan site prohibits wooden sheds, so there was little choice. Security is a joke as it was assembled using self tappers and can be dismantled the same way. Accordingly, 16mm ground anchor also installed for when bikes go in next spring. Not sure how to reduce condensation as a flock liner will just get soggy. I’d advise against steel unless you have no option or opt for a secure one.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

When I redid my gf’s outbuilding roof (corrugated panels), the condensation was really bad. I’d put foam in that blocked all the gaps, taking that out stopped the condensation. Allowed the air to flow over top and bottom of roof equally so no temp difference?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘metal sheds’ is closed to new replies.