Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Metal Sheds
  • wheelie

Does anyone know anything about these?

http://www.smgardensheds.com/index.php/garden-sheds/metal-sheds/canberra-metal-sheds/canberra-10×15-metal-workshop.html

I’m looking for a metal shed, which i will insulate. They are a good price, but seem a tad thin? Is 0.3mm thick enough?

If i were to pay much more I would make my own, getting the sheets from one of the many suppliers.

Do let me know your thoughts!

CountZero

How about picking up an old shipping container and paneling it out inside?

hammyuk
    Free Member

0.3mm is thinner than a can of beans…. Tin opener??

wheelie

Count Zero. A container is what i would prefer…..but the cost of a crane to lift over some lockup garages at the back of me would be expensive

wheelie

hammyuk……0.5 -0.7mm. seems to be the norm

hammyuk
    Free Member

You may be surprised at how cheap a one hr lift can be for a container.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Why metal ?

If security 12 or 20 mm ship lap would be better

Shipping containers are not the security solution you think either. Not a huge issue if you lose the keys with the ones we use at work .

wheelie

i’ll try another couple of lift quotes tomorrow. I worked out of an insulated and lined container for five years…very warm and comfy it was too!

wheelie

It could be wood …..i’m just about to burn my wooden one as i is rotten!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

0.3mm is thinner than a can of beans….

By quite a margin: my tin of beans is 74.5mm thick. Anyway, back on topic…

eskay

I’ve got a metal shed but I don’t think I would buy another. It started rusting after about 18 months. It has an anti-perforation warranty but apparently that is only if the rust goes through to a hole! So in the eyes of the manufacturer it is acceptable for the thing to be covered in surface rust.

They very kindly sent through instructions on how to paint it when I contacted them.

CountZero

They very kindly sent through instructions on how to paint it when I contacted them.

A few cans of Hammerite ought to do it… 😀

br
    Free Member

Since you’ll have to put a decent base down anyway, look at a block/render solution?

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive got a metal shed for garden tools – similar issues to eskay. it came with the house and will be replaced with a wooden number when the time comes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Metal Sheds’ is closed to new replies.