Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • metal detecting?
  • cozz
    Free Member

my mrs is loving watching “diggers” on TV

and commented about being interested in having a go at metal detecting, ive got access to some land at work and round about

so, what can you tell me – had a look at detectors on ebay, don’t know what Im looking at

say for £100-£120 ish, wanting something decent, not rubbish, but not too over the top also

z1ppy

My stepdad bought a £100 jobbie from Maplins, my brother who is ‘keen’ but far from an expert or real enthusiast, made him take it back and go to the proper metal detecting shop… dunno how much he was made to spend in the end. From that, I tooking that £100 Metal detectors are very like £100 BSO’s… just a warning 😉

EDIT: SD’s over tonight, I’ll ask what he got in the end, brother flying off to india so can’t ask him easily.

cozz
    Free Member

yeah I dont want a “halfords special” one

if you get chance ask your bro what I need

pictonroad

Cozz, email me if you’re interested in buying one, I have a decent one in the shed I could let go.

stu170
    Free Member

My mrs is an archaeologist and brought one home from work with her the other day as she was moving site. The one that she had was worth 700 apparently. Useful for finding some bolts I lost in the gravel the other week though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘metal detecting?’ is closed to new replies.