Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Meta AM in L/XL to sit on pls…
  • unklehomered
    Free Member

Hi All

I live in Nidderdale nr Ripon and as such have no Commencal dealer near me since JD in Ilkley stopped doing them.

I have a 2007 meta in XL, and while I love the long wheel base I hate the high top tube, lack of stand over with a passion. So am torn between going XL and L, as I’m right on the boundry in terms of height.

So I’m wondering if anyone in the rough area, 1 hrs drive or so, (skipton, North Leeds, North Bradford, Harrogate, Ripon, Bedale, Wharefdale etc) might have one in L or XL I could sit on and ride up and down their street to get a feel for the size.

If no-one in this area anyone just outside would also be very much appreceiated (bottle of nice wine by way of gratitude included 😀 )

Probably wouldn’t be a for a couple of weeks but beginning to look at my new bike options more seriously.

Ta

Unk.

unklehomered
    Free Member

little bump to catch the evening people

unklehomered
    Free Member

One last bump in case the weekend yields something…

honourablegeorge

Order both form CRC, ship the other back? Saves hassle.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I might be being a fool but that seems like more hassle to me…

But I’ll bear it mind, as I hadn’t thought of it previously and it may be the only way

honourablegeorge

Seesm like a lot of grief, but it might be cheaper and less hassle to use one of those collect & ship couriers than doing all the driving around (and the bottle of wine)

unklehomered
    Free Member

Hmmm, maybe, Wine’s no bother, always a few nice bottles in, and only really looking for people nearby.

Also I’m considering just buying frame and bits seperately… which would rule that out, unless I sent both back…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Meta AM in L/XL to sit on pls…’ is closed to new replies.