Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Meta 5.5 09 owner’s feedback please !
  • Biffer
    Free Member

Been looking to replace my Dawg with a similar style bike. Looked at few and then came across the Meta 5.5 UK spec 2009 model. Looks really good value for money etc.
    So who has got one, what do you think – good bad etc. What else did you try ?

mafu26
    Free Member

how do. i’ve just got a meta 5 frame but not really had a proper chance to ride it yet. did notice a bit of chain feedback but that got alot better when i fiddled with the shock. try the website below:

http://www.commencalownersclub.com

simonm
    Free Member

Have the 08 meta.. its fantastic.. Stick with a 140mm Fork though, 160 is too much. Suprising how well it climbs technical ascents, can really keep the power down better than my old Blur LT… which shocked me. Downhill its a real blast.. bottomless travel feeling is true. The Maxle rear end is a nice addition if your doing a lot of rocky stuff, to keep that cheep do what I did, dont buy the £50 maxle drop outs. Just use the additional drop outs that come with the Meta and stick a nut on the end of the Maxle.. OK takes 2 secs to undo the nut, not a “proper” Maxle but you save £50 and get a stiffer rear end.
    BTW, there prices compared to many many other brands are still really good this year. Saw a Meta 6 WITH Joplin post advertised at £1145 the other day.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Im interested in this too. How strong are they and what are the biggest forks you can put on them?

Biffer
    Free Member

Cheers so far guys. I saw the ‘UK’ spec version which came with the Fox 15mm axle which should stiffen up the front end. Rest of the spec looks pretty for £2k.

Kasperthecourier
    Free Member

Had a med Meta 5 for 3 years or so and the only complain is bieng 6 ft I’m just in between sizes. Would probably go for a large if I had the choice again.

Otherwise great for allround stuf. Can build them lightish or alpine.

simonm
    Free Member

I_ache, the warranty is to 140mm only.. 520 (I think) Axle to crown.
    Biffer, sorry forgot to add, the 140 Fox I’ve put on is the 09 with bolt through.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Meta 5.5 09 owner’s feedback please !’ is closed to new replies.