Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Met the most despicable this week.
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

We live just outside the city centre in a terraced house and free all day street parking. There’s always demand for parking and isn’t a problem, except for some, who don’t even live on the street.
    Monday morning I was heading out to work mid-morning and sat in the car doing the usual stuff (start car, log mileage, set sat-nav and check emails) before setting off. During this process a well spoken women rocked up and asked if I was moving . Yes, in a couple of minutes.
    I finished my stuff and was ready to move off. I couldn’t as she was standing in front of my car. A neighb our had come out and moved his car, so she decided that she would stop me from moving until her husband had parked theirs.
    I asked her to move and she refused.
    “You deliberately took your time so I’m wasting yours!”
    Her husband parked up, looking at me and shaking his head making it clear that he thought I was selfish because that’s what he called me.
    To top it all I was told off for swearing beacause I called them bloody childish.
    They were 100% satisfied that they could make judgements about what I was doing and then have a pop.
    Piss reached boiling point because they don’t even live in the area.
    A pair of, on the surface, middle class pillocks come do do a bit of shopping and then getting all uppity when things don’t go their way. There’s a bloody big car park 2 mins away.
    I think they get the prize for being the most despicable people I’ve ever met.
    They must have really sad lives.

scuzz
    Free Member

It’s all bloody parking and bins with you lot

thegreatape
    Free Member

I think this is one for the Jeremy Vine Show on Radio 2.

tinybits
    Free Member

If that’s as bad as you’ve met then you’ve been very lucky.

allthepies
    Free Member

To be fair people who spend ages faffing in their car like it’s a NASA takeoff preparation are very annoying.

🙂

devash
    Free Member

I was out in the work van yesterday filling up at the local petrol station and some Hyacinth Bucket lookalike (complete with huge string of fake pearls) in a BMW with her husband blocked the forecourt while her husband went to buy something. I gave her a toot and she hung out the window and started giving it to me. I feel sorry for some people.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

If that’s as bad as you’ve met then you’ve been very lucky.

That’s the point, I’ve met some real headcases and this otherwise well educated couple have the biscuit.

To be fair people who spend ages faffing in their car like it’s a NASA takeoff preparation are very annoying.

To be fair I refrained from saying pre-launch checks. 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Imagine the cheek of wanting to park your car anywhere other than outside your own house, these people are no better than nazis.

aP
    Free Member

Steering lock – Go!
    Fuel pump – Go!
    Sat nav – Go!
    Mobile phone on charge – Go!
    Coffee in holder – Go!
    Wallet out of back pocket – Go!

We are go for launch,
    In 5, 4, 3, ….. Oy! Get outta my way!

martinhutch

I’m surprised they had any valve cores to come back to.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

I would have driven round the block and let their tyres down!

Cougar

I think at that point I’d have dug out a paperback and put my feet up.

RoterStern
    Free Member

As the late great Bill Hicks said ‘Step on the #@@$ing gas brother!’ *thunk* *thunk*

nickc

start car, log mileage, set sat-nav and check emails

you get in your car start it, and then sit there reading emails?

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I feel your pain, but I thought it was a matter of male pride to have to car moving before the door is shut!

😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I agree with allthepies.

You’re driving a car not initialising a nuclear submarine.

Worse case scenario you could have saved the pre-launch w**k till later on.

DezB
    Free Member

I think at that point I’d have dug out a paperback and put my feet up

Run the bitch over. There’s always someone down a level on the despicable chart and I’m prepared to take that honour.

slowoldman

Well I sat outside the shops in mine this evening for 15 mins ‘cos I wanted to hear something on the radio before going into the newsagents. That potentially killed a few kittens then?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Depends. Were the kittens going catatonic because they couldn’t park their Jaguar?

alpin
    Free Member

I’m surprised they had any valve cores to come back to.

yes, but valve cores are replaceable… a tooth pick sized hole to the sidewall means the tyre needs to be replaced. can’t remember why, but this is what a “friend” of ours told us when returning with two new tyres after we pierced his sidewalls with a toothpick.

n.b. he wasn’t a friend.

also think some tyre retribution would have been my response…. given that, they were perhaps not the most despicable people ever, just dickheads.

jimjam
    Free Member

alpin

yes, but valve cores are replaceable… a tooth pick sized hole to the sidewall means the tyre needs to be replaced. can’t remember why, but this is what a “friend” of ours told us when returning with two new tyres after we pierced his sidewalls with a toothpick.

n.b. he wasn’t a friend.

also think some tyre retribution would have been my response…. given that, they were perhaps not the most despicable people ever, just dickheads.

Toothpick through a car tire?

jimmy

They must have really sad lives

This and move on. Even though it boiled me up reading the op. Reminds me of a previous neighbour… Argh I can’t go there without fuming.

Flaperon

start car, log mileage, set sat-nav and check emails

To be fair, if you’re one of those people who sits in their car with the engine running then you deserve everything you got.

It’s basically the same as littering except with more noise and death as a consequence.

maxtorque

Wait, she blocked you by “standing in front of your car”?

Er, 1st gear, drive off slowly, job done. No more than 0.5mph required, but unless she’s going to go all “green activist” on you and actually lie in the road then i don’t see the issue??

alpin
    Free Member

yup… was so surprised i showed my mate on the rear tyre, too. and then we st on the opposite side of the car park watching the tyres (really really) slowly deflate on the Citroen AX.

funniest bit was seeing the guys rection when he went round the back to get the spare and realised the opposite rear was also flat.

revs1972
    Free Member

Er, 1st gear, drive off slowly, job done. No more than 0.5mph required, but unless she’s going to go all “green activist” on you and actually lie in the road then i don’t see the issue??

I would imagine that would be construed as assault. Might just as well smack her in the mouth

maxtorque

revs1972
    I would imagine that would be construed as assault. Might just as well smack her in the mouth

Just say SMIDSY and no court in the land would convict you……… 😆

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Alpin. You’re coming across as….well, something that rhymes with the last part of toothpick.

What is going in the world when you’d consider jacking someone’s tyres because you lost a few seconds out your day?

I’d have thought someone with a predilection for the green, would be more chilled out.

mudshark
    Free Member

Take their photo, people don’t like that I find.

jimjam
    Free Member

alpin – Member

yup… was so surprised i showed my mate on the rear tyre, too. and then we st on the opposite side of the car park watching the tyres (really really) slowly deflate on the Citroen AX.

funniest bit was seeing the guys rection when he went round the back to get the spare and realised the opposite rear was also flat. [/quote]

Wooden or plastic? this is fascinating.

TheSanityAssassin

Cougar – Moderator

I think at that point I’d have dug out a paperback and put my feet up.

Shirley you just roll your car forward enough to prevent her husband being able to park either side of you then dig out the paperback and put your feet up… 😆

whatnobeer
    Free Member

You log your cars milage every time you drive it?!

Some people are petty and self entitled. Life’s too short to worry about them. Let it roll over you and move on. Or move on and roll over them, in your car. Which ever.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

When you’ve only got a second to say something to a couple of knobbers, you can’t waste it on “bloody childish”.

You need to say something that they’ll think about and remember for years to come. And every time they think about it they’ll get a little bit sad. And the next time they think about starting a dispute with a stranger in the street, they’ll decide not to.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

funniest bit was seeing the guys rection when he went round the back to get the spare and realised the opposite rear was also flat.

That’s not a nice story, is it. It’s just you boasting about doing something cowardly.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

you get in your car start it, and then sit there reading emails?

Err no. I pick up the phone and if there is an email I need to reply to, I reply. If not, I don’t.

given that, they were perhaps not the most despicable people ever, just dickheads.

I don’t really see the difference here, I’m not that fond of dickheads either.

When you’ve only got a second to say something to a couple of knobbers, you can’t waste it on “bloody childish”.

A skill I really, really wish I had.

You log your cars milage every time you drive it?!

You mean you don’t have a company car. how quaint.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Did you go collect some dog turds to smear on their door handles?

aracer
    Free Member

Err no. I pick up the phone and if there is an email I need to reply to, I reply. If not, I don’t.[/quote]

After you’ve left your house, got in your car and started it? How do you work out if one needs replying to without reading it? Though it now seems that not only are you reading e-mails with your engine running, you’re also sitting there typing replies.

While you’ve got your phone out, why not just take a pic of the odometer reading?

alpin
    Free Member

yes, you are right…. was a dickhead action nd was cowardly.

but to put some perspective on it, we were 17 and the guy had knocked us for quite a bit of money.

oh well.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

After you’ve left your house, got in your car and started it? How do you work out if one needs replying to without reading it? Though it now seems that not only are you reading e-mails with your engine running, you’re also sitting there typing replies.

Do expand, I don’t get your point.

aracer
    Free Member

Well it still seems you’re checking your emails (and maybe replying) with the engine of your car running rather than doing it before you leave the house. Which seems a strange sequence.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Met the most despicable this week.’ is closed to new replies.