Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Merlin bike bag – as good as Evoc?
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

Is this Merlin bike bag a good evoc alternative? £189 is pretty cheap.

https://www.merlincycles.com/merlin-cycles-pro-travel-bike-bag-154221.html

chakaping
    Free Member

No idea, but I’d like to see a Geometron in there to give an idea of the capacity – rather than what looks like an XC hardtail.

impatientbull

It lists internal length as 125cm so it’s not going to fit anything with a reasonably long wheelbase. Evoc lists max wheelbase as 126cm for the standard bag and 130cm for the pro, with the internal dimensions 5-6cm more, I’d guess max 120cm wheelbase for the Merlin.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5plusn8
    Free Member

I am already struggling to fit my bike in my standard evoc…

zerocool

Deleted

duncancallum

Have a gander at Polaris as well. I’ve one fits my 29er enduro in!

honourablegeorge

Chain Reaction sold some outrageous Evic copies a while back, they were ol but definitely a long way off Wvoc durability. I remember thinking the Evoc was crazy expensive when I bought it years back but it has been great value.

oikeith

Will that bike be as good as an Evoc, cant tell from the pics, but it looks pretty similar so should offer good protection to the bike.

The real question is will your bike fit, I have a normal Evoc in my loft which fitted my old not slack or long bike, I now have an XXL 29er which is long and slack with a wheelbase greater then the length of the bag! I’m hoping I can get away with either removing the forks or letting all the air out and compressing them, due to COVID I haven’t had to try either and so far although I want to, haven’t bothered having a practise run either!

EhWhoMe

I have just been through the very same and have just received the evoc standard got it onlinr for £295.
    Start Fitness matched Certini Cycles price so went with them as its a local store

Expensive but RRP is £399 i figure it will always have value so i can sell in future.

Evoc state 1260 max wheel base mine is 1232.
    Evoc website pictures the blue steel bag with a large Scott Ransom in the bag and some kind of Rocky Mountain in it

My bike is a Large Scott Genius, not tried it yet for fit but the bag does feel good quality and sturdy across the bottom. I called Merlin about theirs but i wasnt convinced by the answers and no real reviews to speak of online.

EhWhoMe

what bike do you have, wheelbase?

i believe the older Evoc standard was a tad smaller, not sure tho

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts