Merlin – best online retailer?

Home Forum Bike Forum Merlin – best online retailer?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Merlin – best online retailer?
  • Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

Have been my shop of choice for a while, 3% off via quidco as well.

bikeneil

I’d say Royal Mail played a bigger part…

emac65

Do Royal Mail sell bike parts then……..

andymc06

Products picked and dispatched in 1 hr. Price of products and quality ie not oem on this occasion. Royal mail played a part but not the biggest part by any means.

Premier Icon peteimpreza
    Subscriber

Merlin use UPS these days……..

andymc06

Ordered slx shifters, xt front mech and slx shadow plus derailleur at 2 o’clock yesterday. Paid £2 for 1st class delivery. Parcel received less than 24 hours later! All kit at very good prices in retail packaging. The perfect buying experience.

Consistently the best in my opinion.

Any challengers for the title?

typer

I also placed an order yesterday at 1pm with free delivery, was delivered at 9am this morning. Great service as always from Merlin 🙂

andymc06

Royal Mail brought my parcel this morning.

Kuco

Ordered from Wiggle late Thursday night for an X5 front only shifter just to get by for now parcel turned up this morning with Avid box containing front and rear shifter.

wrecker

Merlin are very good but have a limited range.

Premier Icon simmy
    Subscriber

Merlin have Royal Mail vans collecting around 4 pm every day, one of them 7.5 ton size ones I think.

Seen UPS there as well.

Hence why the shop closes at 4.30 but opens late a couple of nights. They are my favourite LBS 🙂

purchased cassette on Weds day, turned up Thurs 10am. Boxed (non OEM) ..whats not to like

tang

Consistently good for years, very helpful on the phone also. Jenson had my goods from the US in 48hrs with free post via ups which I was quite impressed with.

Thrustyjust

New Sidi’s ordered Sunday night, arrived 8am Tuesday. New tyres ordered Friday 2pm, arrived 8am with the postie on the Saturday. Merlins to process stuff immediately and are my shop of choice, albeit as said they are limited to general stuff.

rockymerlin

Its just a shame they don’t offer the 10% off everything deal anymore

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Been using Cyclestore a lot recently. Good prices and service

Premier Icon ads678
    Subscriber

Ordered forks from On One last week 1:15pm Thursday delivered 12:15pm the next day. Didn’t even select mext day delivery let alone less than 24 hours delivery!!

Merlin are ok but don’t have much of a selection on some things.

pmf170170

CRC also have excellent service in my experience and also have free postage for any returns.

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

Speccing a new bike have used CRC, Merlin, JE James, bike-discount.de and Superstar. All have been excellent in terms of delivery (longest I’ve waited was 2 days). Have used all of these in the past too with pretty much always positive feelings. Best of the lot this time round though was 18 Bikes – strong pricing, 24 hour delivery without speccing it, and brilliant (and friendly) communication via email. Top online shop who I will now check out first for future purchases.

andymc06

Funnily enough I have just ordered some forks from 18 Bikes (X-fusion Slants). They were very good on the phone. Pleased to hear your positive report! 🙂

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

Heh. It was Slants I had from them too!

patriotpro

But did you receive complimentary Haribos?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Merlin – best online retailer?’ is closed to new replies.