Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Merlin are magic!
  • rascal
    Free Member

See what I did there 😉

Anyway, just wanted to say that I think they are brilliant.
    Ordered a few bits online at 3pm yesterday and they arrived in proportionate-sixed packaging at work before 3pm today. Can’t ask for more that. I used to use a well known company in Northern Ireland but very rarely bother with them any more as Merlin have great products at great prices and great reliable service. That is all.

jonnyv
    Free Member

+1 for Merlin.

ska-49
    Free Member

Love Merlin! Default site for me at the moment.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My LBS so yes it gets some use 😀

rascal
    Free Member

Talking of the LBS…I bought some new grips 2 weeks ago from them which I could have bought quite a bit cheaper online. Even though I don’t use them as much as I should, I thought it be a shame if they were to close down. To be fair though they are always busy (Pedal Power, Loughborough) but felt like I’d contributed in some small pathetic way to putting some money in their till – unfortunately the LBS can’t compete when it comes to big-ticket items…

grtdkad

+1 for Merlin, always served me well. Forks especially.

yossarian
    Free Member

Never been anything other than very pleased with ordering from and talking to merlin.

zelak999
    Free Member

Always a very positive experience from Merlin!

jkomo

I got a full xt groupo for £450!
    It came missing a part, I braced myself for a fight as I was phoning a few days later. They checked their warehouse, agreed with me, sent it next day delivery. No argument at all.
    You only know how good the service is when there is a problem, and they were ace.

donal
    Free Member

Without a doubt, the best online retailer for both price and service. I have yet to have a bad experience with them.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have not placed an order with Merlin for some time because of their insistence on using signed for delivery for even the most trivial components. Just stick it in a jiffy bag and put it in the post or get with the program and use collect+

old_mtber
    Free Member

Absolutely agree. Top service and their wheel building is ace too.

retrobri
    Free Member

Another vote for Merlin from me too. Excellent service 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yet another vote for Merlin. They even answer their phones and are always very helpful!

mindmap3
    Free Member

At least they’ve got phone lines unlike a certain online shop based in the south…which is particularly infuriating when they keep sending you the wrong item!

To be honest, I still use CRC a fair bit but am doing so less and less as their range gets smaller and smaller.

hora
    Free Member

They can be grumpy but thats character. +1 for Merlin here too.

woody74

I’ve noticed CVC range seems to be getting smaller. Back in the day they seemed to have everything but more and more I find they don’t have things. Example – they sell tons of headsets but not one that will fit my Trek EX with an integrated tapered head tube, so I had to order from Superstar. Superstar always have very fast delivery as well, but I wish they would improve their website, it really is shocking.

chestrockwell

Just make sure you check what you get from Merlin carefully. Some of the ‘brand new’ stuff they sell is not quite as new and unblemished as you’d hope for. Check especially carefully if it’s not in the original packaging. 😉

mindmap3
    Free Member

Woddy – I agree, CRC used to be great for little spares etc. They no longer stock King top caps for example. I’ll be buying a new one from Wiggle then.

I’ve not used Merlin for a very, very long time but they were good when I did. To be honest, most of the mail order places I’ve used have been very good woth the exception of Wiggle (bit hit and miss for me – slow and repeatedly sending me the wrong stuff) and Evans who seem glacial getting stuff sent.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

hora – Member
    They can be grumpy but thats character.

You sure that’s not because they know you?? 😉

iainc

best online reatiler IMO. stuff always comes quicker that CRC or Wiggle and when you phone them up you get a sensible person who knows about bike bits. I remember a good few yrs ago I got a full build Rock Lobster 853 from them and noticed after a few rides the front mech was wrong (top swing or bottom, rather than the one that fits better, cant remember which) – phoned them up, sent the guy a pic, he sent new mech that day and said just to hang onto other one. Great service.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Just make sure you check what you get from Merlin carefully.

That made me smile – last order I had from them included the little Park Tools puncture repair patch kit.
    Having never used them before I thought i’d take a peek at the contents (it’s a crazy, rock and roll lifestyle chez MM!) before tossing them into the depths of the camelback. I was rather surprised to find the ‘pack of 6’ was actually just 3 – torn paper backing clear evidence that that it was a ‘used’ rather than packing error.
    Felt a touch silly ringing about such a small ticket item but service was spot on – fresh pack in the post.

As many above, it’s a +1 from me, pretty much my default shop. Indeed, a few quid heading their way soon on my road bike build….

gonzy
    Free Member

+1 for merlin…also like the fact that you can purchase using your amazon account

mrblobby
    Free Member

You even get about 3% back with topcashback (the amount I’ve spent with them I really must get on to that!)

Scamper
    Free Member

Easily the quickest delivery on line.

Ordered at 203mm disc in the afternoon, and it arrived the next morning.

Reversed my car over my wheel with new disc.

Ordered another 203mm disc y’day afternoon and it arrived this morning

Wheel seems ok, mind.

😳

zbonty

This is a right Merlin lovefest, so for balance.

Erm…agree with the above, BUT, in the 90s before the webz customers used to come in to our shop clutching an MBUK demanding discount/price match. Sympathies with today’s LBSs.

DenDennis
    Free Member

+1 for Magic Merlin,
    ordered a spare cheapo cassette after lunch yesterday, got dispatch email within half an hour and arrived free delivery already this morning!
    I likey.

asterix
    Free Member

Merlin are generally good, but they did send me a badly dished wheel (although they accepted it back and re-funded with no problem). Not sure the Mavic wheels they sell are built by the Mavic facitory

lilchris
    Free Member

Ordered at 203mm disc in the afternoon, and it arrived the next morning.

Was it the one pictured?

timc
    Free Member

Never had anything other than brilliant service from Merlin when ordering online! Brilliant!

In store they have some misrable sod end behind the counter mind 😆

fozzybear
    Free Member

I Bought some RaceFace Carbon 3/4 risers 775 wide.
    they were packaged well, fast sent and a bargin price for new….

sooooo happy.
    they don’t come up on Google searches for items so have to check them manually but worth a look whenever your looking for part.

Although some parts are clearly, odd stock (low sale items).
    Those nice black XT cranks they had for sale recently
    22/38.. what the heck gear combo is that…
    That’s why they were cheap though..

kelvin

Photos are never what you’ll actually receive though… always read the descriptions carefully.

cheers_drive

I can remember sending an order form to Merlin for a Biopace crankset in the days before internet shopping.
    Nearly all of my internet bike spend goes to Merlin or Ribble who both have great pricing and fast delivery.

Spin
    Free Member

Good wheels too.

fathomer

Merlin are good, Royal Mail shite! Ordered a tyre yesterday, paid for the 1st class (£2), had despatch email yesterday lunch and nothing today! Oh well, hopefully it’ll be here tomorrow.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Merlin are magic!’ is closed to new replies.