Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)
  • Merlin cycles pulling a fast con be cautious
  • toymotor
    Free Member

you may get a e-mail from Merlin cycles showing some good deals on Shimano XT centre lock rotors so you select your size put them in the basket the basket shows the XT rotors your getting or think your getting
    but when they arrive there the poor slx ones not the XT they change the item code to the poorer slx ones, when you contact them you get pictures for reference purposes only which is total w@n!/ so be cautious Im done in with this shoddy practice unless we stamp this out this will become the norm.

Rorschach
    Free Member

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What about some superstar rotors? Although I’ve heard about people being court out by them aswell.

allthepies
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Can the OP link to the page with discs on? The only one I see is this one:

Which has a pic of a XT rotor, but you have to select which one you want? So you’re saying you selected an XT one, but got a SLX one? Or you selected an SLX one, but thought you would get an XT one, due to the picture?

ojom
    Free Member

Does your Mum know you are using the internetz?

Edric64
    Free Member

OP whats the problem ? my basket shows what I have clicked on they are all clearly labelled and priced ? or am I missing something ?

toymotor
    Free Member

so you think thats its fine to show a picture of soemthing your not getting even when you put it in the basket ?? thats not how it works

Edric64
    Free Member

So OP if you are not happy with your purchase send it back under the distance selling regulation

allthepies
    Free Member

Which product did you select from that list ? A SLX rotor (one of the top three) or a XT rotor ( items 4-6) ?

wallop

Oh my god.

toymotor
    Free Member

who goes of codes I cant tell you what rotor is what code not unless your some sort of rain man, I loo for pictures when on a web site the picture shows XT you get SLX wrong.

Edric64
    Free Member

Well I clicked on an xt rotor it put an xt rotor in my basket .I click on an slx rotor it put an slx rotor in my basket and charged accordingly .I dont see a problem.

wallop

😆

nosedive
    Free Member

did you speak to merlin and ask for a refund? or just rush straight to a keyboard with no punctuation marks and start ranting on the internet?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Just to confirm.

You saw the picture of the XT rotor, and the clicked the cheapest option where it says SLX, and then you received an SLX rotor?

toymotor
    Free Member

my basket shows XT how do I know what code is what rotor I look at pictures when shopping not codes if the product shown isnt the one your getting it should tell you ??

Edric64
    Free Member

OP are you looking at the same thing as the rest of us which is the page linked above where there is a picture of a rotor and a list of rotors with type size and price ? I cant see how there is a problem .As I said I put a couple in my basket and all was correct.!

Jamie
    Free Member

C’mon, fella.

You didn’t have to be working at Bletchley Park to work out this code…

DT78
    Free Member

*troll*

nickdavies

You just read the description of the item and put what you want in the basket – SLX,XT,XTR it’s all marked pretty clearly. If it was ambiguous or blatently wrong i’d agree with you but seems fine to me.

If they created a product & picture for each item there would be people moaning it was too hard to find what they wanted!

Personally i’d have a hard time trying to work out which one of Shimano’s many similar looking discs I wanted from looking at a picture, i’d just look at what it said next to the buy button.

toymotor
    Free Member

merlin replied with the pictures for illustration purposes only which isn’t on the screen anywhere or in the basket, u have to say I’m surprised your not against this sort of thing, you buy with your eyes you get what you see in the basket surely ?

dantsw13

So when you clicked, you couldn’t tell the difference between XT & SLX, but now it comes to complaining you seem to have worked it out. 🙄

allthepies
    Free Member

But look at the frickin’ picture not those voodoo words 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

But look at the frickin’ picture

They do say the first bite is with the eye.

*troll*

Quite possibly, but it’s not hurting anyone.

Junkyard
    Free Member

so you think thats its fine to show a picture of soemthing your not getting even when you put it in the basket ?? thats not how it works

If i choose an xt rotor i expect an XT rotor
    If i choose an SLX rotor i expect an SLX one

I dont expect to get what the picture shows especially when it is a different item from the one i have chosen
    Imagine you choose XTR and they send you the XT one in the pic , I assume you would be over the moon with them then ?

I look at pictures when shopping not codes

Hopefully this has taught you why such an approach is foolish
    Return it as the distance selling regs protects you from merlin though I think they actually need protection from you

unknown
    Free Member

I have nothing constructive to say, I’d just like to register my amusement! Worst “fast con” ever!

Jamie
    Free Member

If i choose an xt rotor i expect an XT rotor
    If i choose an SLX rotor i expect an SLX one

BUT LOOK AT THE FREAKIN’ PICTURE!

Edric64
    Free Member

You get what you put in your basket .I buy with my eyes I dont know which rotor that one is. I have xt but im not walking to the garage to see if its that one ! My basket has in it what I clicked on in the menu

toymotor
    Free Member

they send you an e-mail telling you deals on shimano I think 203mm rotor nice price i click on the correct size the picture shows an XT rotor im thinking thats the boy jobs a good un, im not checking item codes its a line of numbers means nothing to normal people.

matt_outandabout

you buy with your eyes by carefully reading the product description and model you get what you see in the basket surely or is it caveat emptor?

unknown
    Free Member

What if it was a picture of words?

Jamie
    Free Member

they send you an e-mail telling you deals on shimano I think 203mm rotor nice price i click on the correct size the picture shows an XT rotor im thinking thats the boy jobs a good un, im not checking item codes its a line of numbers means nothing to normal people.

Heh.

Edric64
    Free Member

I think they actually need protection from you

I think its his parents who should have used protection ! 😆

robowns
    Free Member

I’d like to contribute to this thread by saying that I think Jamie is one of my favourite forum posters.

Jamie
    Free Member

OP. Just send the rotors back and look upon it as a lesson learned.

cybicle
    Free Member

Why has nobody asked the Op how much they paid for the rotor?

Edric64
    Free Member

Or just use the cheap rotor as an upgrade on your apollo ,you need good brakes on your paper round after all.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Merlin cycles pulling a fast con be cautious’ is closed to new replies.