Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Merino (women’s) tops
  • matt_outandabout

I’ve a few merino items. Unsurprisingly the most recent Patagucci is the softest and nicest of the lot, and can be worn as a daily t-shirt. At the other end of the scale, my Regatta merino is itchy scratchy…

How do other brands stack up for softness? I can see Isobaa and icebreaker on sale, and some at Findra too…

It’s for a gift for Mrs_oab.

ElShalimo

Walking or cycling?

My wife has Icebreaker, Janus and Devold for walking – all lovely and soft. Torm and an old Howies for riding but they are blends not 100% merino.

I treated myself to a Galibier merino t-shirt in the late summer, it’s very nice for walking and leisurely riding

Edit: Howies make lovely soft merino but make sure you check it’s not a blend

wbo
    Free Member

The Mons Royale I’m wearing now is very nice. What do they have on sale anywhere?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sprootlet
    Free Member

I have mons Royale (lovely), norrona (also lovely), ortovox (equally lovely) and falke (just not quite as lovely). Top tip for Norrona is to sign up to their outlet – just expensive rather than 2nd mortgage territory.

I have a bella tech mons royale that has a perforated back which is just fantastic touring/walking with a rucksack. The other mons royales tops are a more relaxed fit but the bella tech is more of an athletic fit.

Try absolute snow for some Black Friday action

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I have a Bolger ls top from Sportpursuit. It’s my go to merino top now, I would describe it as a casual fit rather than athletic in case that’s a problem, or maybe they come up a bit large. I also have an isobaa top although it’s a heavier weight, still very nice, not as soft but that’s probably because it’s thicker but not scratchy.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ve also got a merino blend Fjern Forsta from the same place, it’s also a bit heavier but really good quality.

stwhannah

My Mons Royale tops get worn a lot, although I think they’re technically a mix rather than 100% merino. Just checked my review and it turns out I’ve been wearing the same tops since 2017: https://singletrackworld.com/2017/04/review-mons-royale-jerseys/

I’ve an icebreaker or two that are older than that but they’ve entered the realms of being a little stinky after all this time. They do different weights of top, I think the thinner/lighter ones are my preference.

I’ve got a Findra t shirt that my review tells me is even older than the Mons. I’d say it hasn’t been worn as much as the Mons stuff at is showing more signs of wear, but it’s still a very nice thing: https://singletrackworld.com/2016/05/review-findra-route-merino-t-shirt/

These three have passed the itch test!

Clover

Findra is great, nice designs, nice colours and soft. I have an Icebreaker vest that’s 4 years old and one of my favourite things, plus a smart black long sleeved base layer that works for work. Also a couple of Alpkit scoop necked long sleeved layers that have a nice cut (and are soft).

I tend to buy smart looking ones and wear them for work, rotating them into the cycle wear piles once they start to look a bit worn (generally after 3 years). The Findra cowl necks genuinely can be put on or taken off over helmets which is really handy.

highlandman
    Free Member

My Mrs absolutely swears by Findra as the best from a collection of Smartwool, Icebreaker, Howies and various others. Good environmental credentials too and nice to keep someone in a job in the Borders.

fasthaggis

Yup,same as highlandman.
    Findra is Mrs FHs favourite items,check out the sale stuff.

midlifecrashes

mrsmidlife finds John Smedley softer and a bit nicer overall than Sunspel, but for super soft would prefer cashmere, preferably Ballantyne. 😉

nobbingsford

I’ve got a long-sleeve Isobaa top that I initially bought for winter running, but found it too warm.

Just wore it today as a base layer on a ride round Simonside and it was perfect (with a t-shirt then windproof on top).

Sport Pursuit seems to be the best place to buy Isobaa stuff, price-wise.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.