Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Merino base layer tops?
  • krixmeister

I’ve been very pleased with my Planet X longsleeve merino top, but have had some crash damage to it. Before I purchase another one, wondering if there’s anything better out there? One nice-to-have, although not necessarily a deal-breaker, is I do like that the Planet X top has thumbholes in the sleeves – keeps them from riding up.

scotroutes

As a cycling base layer? Anything that isn’t merino.

My personal favourite is the Rab Aeon. Ultralight, wicks well, dries quickly, non-smelly. Comes in both long and short sleeved versions.

Wally

Decathlon merino £10 Long Sleeve in the sales, 80%wool 20% plastic so has some strength.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Embers merino are mega and currently have extra discount (including on sAle items) just enter FEB16. I’ve had one of these base layers which I wear for everything, it washes amazingly well, keeps its shape and is good value (especially as Planet X don’t do their crazy cheap deals anymore).

Alternatively Sports pursuit often have good deals on merino from random companies of which I have a few. Icebreaker nice but expensive. I’ve also had Lidl ones before but a little bit more itchy!

thebadabing

I have two howies ones. They’re amazing. Every couple of months they’re reduced to £25…so snap them up in the sale.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I used to use merino until I realised they were actually crap for wicking sweat.

If you want something that is in another league then look at the Craft synthetics.

xyeti
    Free Member

HOWIES One here too, But i but a size up as they always shrink,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Merino base layer tops?’ is closed to new replies.