Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Merida Brass Monkeys Winter Series 2012/13
  • pants
    Free Member

Just to let you all know that entry is open for this event @ Cheeky Monkey

Follow us on Facebook to keep you updated.

gee
    Free Member

No race on my birthday this year! Woohoo!

Will be interesting starting at Caesar’s Camp… Good hills!

Rode round Tunnel last night and it seemed someone had blown a course – any ideas Pants?

GB

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

All paid up for all three.

First event ever. Pants will the courses be available prior to the event to get an idea?

I saw that up tunnel hill the other day, especially in the gully that runs near the road, all the pine cones had been blown out.

gren
    Free Member

hmm must look closer next time. Rode Tunnel this afternoon and noticed nothing different in the trails. Most are pretty well used and so are kept clean all year round.

Rode both ‘gullies’ (if I’m understanding you correctly) and both were in their usual state. Looking forward to new trails on tunnel and porridgepot when they come around.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Green throne I’m talking about is the one that starts near where the bag piper can sometimes be found? It’s the opposite side of the fire road where all the old north shore used to be ( although a bit is still there).

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Pants – maybe you could blow the Ash Ranges course from 2 years ago while you’re down?

Seems like I’m the only one who rides it, and its a bit pine coney too 🙂

pete68
    Free Member

Me and the wife have signed up for all 3. How’s that for dedication.

pants
    Free Member

You can ride the cse’s but I aint putting up a GPX ask the locals lol. Not done any blowing yet!

Will returning to Ash Ranges soon.

Will update Facebook later to let you all know how many super saver entries are left. 😀

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Lwouldnt dare ask the locals for a gpx,go on the local forum as I live right by tunnel hill, and I have been chastised for asking before which is fair enough.

But will the courses be available on the Saturday say? Only asking as I’ve signed up to the 4 hour and don’t really want to ride a lap at 08:00 and them race at 10:30 would rather get an idea before.

shortcut

The course is usually all marked out by 2pm.

Pants – do you want a hand with marking?

pants
    Free Member

As Shortcut says!

Yes please, I’ll be down soon to discuss and sort out the lap!

pants
    Free Member

Brass Monkeys

Round 1 – Sunday 25 November 2012 ? The Winter Warmer ? Caesar?s Camp A very popular venue for it?s classic Enduro qualities

Round 2 ? Sunday 16 December 2012 ? The Christmas Cracker ? Windmill Hill We?ve put in lots of hard work to make this a popular Enduro course

Round 3 ? Sunday 13 January 2013 ? The Hangover ? Tunnel Hill Everyone?s favourite Enduro course

*** Be one of the first 50 to enter the Series and pay just £50, saving yourself £16***

Now that it?s getting cooler, the Brass Monkeys are breaking cover as Gorrick and the Army, supported by Merida, bring you the hugely popular MERIDA Brass Monkeys Series 2012. You can expect some established and outstanding courses carefully planned for Enduro racing.

Whatever your Enduro style, a good strategy, careful pacing and a little pre-event preparation will always give you a satisfying result, so race to win or race to finish, either way any level of rider, regardless of fitness, can enjoy these events. There are both 4 hour and 2 hour age related race groups to choose from, on a 7-8 mile lap, and we have tweaked the start times this year so that you all finish together. There?s also a 1 hour Fun category for those of you who want to try out this style of longer lap endurance racing. It’s a Series, so all rounds will count, and there will be a Podium presentation of trophies on the day as well as the Series presentations at the last round.

All the venues have the very best course features that we know you expect from us coupled with our friendly experienced team:

· RFID chip race timing

· In vision results with position and time

· Commentary

· Joolze our photographer

· Free Mule Bar when you collect your number

· Hot food and refreshments by Quaver

· Trade stands from Merida with their latest carbon goodies on display, Four4th Lights, SRAM, Nomad 1st Gear Cycles,

· SRAM Technical support on site to sort last minute mechanicals.

· Paramedic medical cover and ambulance

· Radio linked mobile and static marshals

· Plenty of good parking

· Toilets

· Not forgetting the very popular heated marquee.

Pre-entry has just opened and will close for each event at 500 ? please note there is NO ENTRY ON THE DAY. There are plenty of vantage points for safe spectating too, so you can bring along your family and friends to cheer you on.

Go to http://www.meridabrassmonkeys.com for full details of the series and each round together with easy online entry.

BRASS MONKEYS TEAM

theotherjonv

there’s a Gorrick at TH in a couple of weeks – 14/10. Maybe early prep for that?

pants
    Free Member

Entries coming along nicely! 😀

Taff
    Free Member

Hadn’t realised no pre-entry. Glad I looked at this now

pants
    Free Member

Nearly here now, entry nearly full which is good news, see you all there! 😀

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Looking forward to it, although not my results.

First ace so slightly concerned.

shortcut

How is the course planning going? Any new sections? 😀

dobo
    Free Member

never actually got round to one of these but did are you tough enough which was great. this is similar i guess?
    any places left?

pants
    Free Member

Ha ha shortcut!!!!! 😳 get looking!

Yepp some places left but no doubt will be full soon!

pants
    Free Member

Event nearly full! If your thinking of entering best do it soon to avoid disapointment, as it will be a cracker!

beej

Quick question – do laps that are finished after 4 hours count, or only ones completed before?

I’m confused by the web site description:

Reminder: Should you come in before the cut off time of either 2 or 4 hour Cats up to -59 minutes 59 seconds you can go out and do another lap and it will count. The course for the relevant time will close on the hour and no one will be able to do another lap for that category.

Does this mean that the cut off for starting new laps in the 4 hour race is actually the 3 hour mark? It’s the “up to -59 minutes 59 seconds” bit that’s throwing me.

Straightliner

No, if you can get around before the 2/4hr cut-off, then you can go round again and it will count.

missnotax
    Free Member

Yep, i’m booked up for all three of these.

Really enjoyed them last / earlier this year, looking forward to it!

frogstomp

Only a few days until round 1 now.. here’s hoping the weather clears off in time for the weekend!

pants
    Free Member

The course will be fine no matter, it is designed that way! 😀

missnotax
    Free Member

I’m sure I remember one seriously muddy ride last year – but my brain is sadly too fuddled to remember which venue it was!

pants
    Free Member

No mud last year!!!!!

Entry now FULL and CLOSED!

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Can’t wait to start from the back, I apologise to everyone now of I get in your way.

Please shout where you want to pass and I will do my best to fall over as quickly as possible in the opposite direction.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Merida Brass Monkeys Winter Series 2012/13’ is closed to new replies.