Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 159 total)
  • MEP Elections, have you voted?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

I had a hangover and X in one box, that’s all that was needed right?

I was too zonked to read!

Well I voted for the Greens instead of Labour or Conservatives.

seosamh77
    Free Member

not yet, cheers for the reminder. 😆

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I also brought the wrong polling card but they found my details luckily.

I told them I got hammered at a birthday party and they laughed their heads off. Told me to keep the card for next months elections in Peterborough as our MP was pushed out for speeding/lying.

Then this roadie cyclist lady came in to vote but I was in my jeans damn it and she was pushing 50. Still fit. Nice Giant road bike.

Nice church and plenty of parking. Felt bad about the tomb stones though. The fresh fragrance of mowed grass was nice. Going to bed and riding in the morning.

Get out and ride!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cb

Yep, LD. All kinds of xenophobe choices though. Like a racists sweet shop…

convert

Yep.

Greens

seosamh77
    Free Member

sorted, done. 😆

colournoise

Yes.

goldfish24

Dammit, immediate voters remorse.
    I wanted to vote green to indicate the environment is the bigger issue. But figured they’d never get anywhere in my region (or any region really) so went with the more strategic but still hopeless Lib Dem vote to hopefully bolster the biggest remain party.
    Now I see you lot have all voted green I want to be part of your club!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Well at least you didn’t vote for a racist party.

It was just one X in one square right?

Just wanted to make sure I didn’t screw up my vote.

whitestone
    Free Member

Yep for both of us. Lib Dem here. As above lots of Rabid Right Wing choices plus the Yorkshire Party, Yexit anyone?

Northwind

I went green, basically because the SNP are pretty likely to get 3 and pretty unlikely to get 4, so, tactics.

cinnamon_girl

Why would I?

ferrals
    Free Member

Green for me.

ctk
    Free Member

Voted at 7pm and judging by the address list in front of election bod not many other people had. Low turnout will mean brexit MEPs. Someone I know who bets on elections predicted 2 Bre,it MEPs in Wales…

Drac

Yup done this am.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wasn’t sure who to vote for, but one of the boxes had a little arrow pointing to it. Subliminal messaging must have worked.

In hindsight, they really shouldn’t allow an arrow as a logo, it’s so misleading.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

OP, yes just one X.

And you don’t need to take the polling card.

grimep
    Free Member

Calling the 14 and a half million people with opposing political views racists is probably the best way to win them over to your point of view, though if that doesn’t work there’s always the milkshake.

As for the Greens:
    https://policy.greenparty.org.uk/mg.html

“Richer regions and communities do not have the right to use migration controls to protect their privileges from others in the long term”

Open borders in other words, and redistribution of wealth from the West to the ‘developing world’ via taxes and incentives to relocate global businesses. Luckily they’ll never get their hands on the levers of power as no one would be potty enough to waste votes on them right?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thanks GlennQuagmire.

I’ll sleep better now.

Pot? Oh potty. I’m not telling you to vote for what I voted for.

No need to talk about politics, just vote whoever suits you.

Night night x

convert

Dammit, immediate voters remorse.
    I wanted to vote green to indicate the environment is the bigger issue. But figured they’d never get anywhere in my region (or any region really) so went with the more strategic but still hopeless Lib Dem vote to hopefully bolster the biggest remain party.
    Now I see you lot have all voted green I want to be part of your club!

10 MEPs in our area (SE England). 1 green last time. I hope my vote helps them get to 20% and a 2nd MEP.

Bloody love the european elections – only election I have ever voted in where my vote might result in my favoured candidate getting elected. First time Green voter mind.

pondo

“Richer regions and communities do not have the right to use migration controls to protect their privileges from others in the long term”

Green and proud.

convert

Why would I?

Why would you not?

convert

You are quoting this like it is a bad thing?

Regardless of what you all voted and why I’m just glad that you did.

supernova

Yup.

Green in the South West to maximise remain MEPs.

Houns

What pondo said

ads678

Yep, just been. I had actually forgotten until I saw this thread.

Was torn between Green and lib dem. Went green in the end.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Yep, LD. All kinds of xenophobe choices though. Like a racists sweet shop…

It seemed a bit that way around my part of the world as well, sadly.

BoardinBob

Why would I?

convert

Wasn’t sure who to vote for, but one of the boxes had a little arrow pointing to it. Subliminal messaging must have worked.

In hindsight, they really shouldn’t allow an arrow as a logo, it’s so misleading.

Had to google. Is hoping the Cp’n is joking.

Even so….it’s a good spin on why they got the most votes come Sunday.

shooterman

Got ready after dinner to go out and vote to discover only my wife had received a polling card.

convert

Got ready after dinner to go out and vote to discover only my wife had received a polling card.

Don’t let that stop you. Polling card just speeds up the process, perfectly possible to vote without.

ernielynch

As a disenfranchised EU national I was turned away at the polling station.

I was told by the guy at the desk that my name was on the electoral register (I had indeed received election material from the parties personally address to me) but that my name had been crossed out and I wouldn’t be allowed to vote.

I do know that I missed the deadline for EU nationals to register by a couple of days. As I understand it the rule didn’t apply to British nationals.

It means one less vote for Labour btw.

Drac

Yeah just go in tell them your name.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, obviously.

Voted just after the school run so got to ogle at the village YummyMummies too..

🤪

kimbers

Limp dems got my cross today, didn’t think that’d be happening !

Went at 9pm, ballot box was stuffed to the brim

dove1

Of course I voted.
    People fought for our right to vote and it is wrong not to use that right.

seosamh77
    Free Member

convert

Subscriber

Don’t let that stop you. Polling card just speeds up the process, perfectly possible to vote without.

Really doesn’t make a difference whether you have it or don’t. I didn’t have mine, they still ask the same question, address, then name and give you a voting slip.

CountZero

Yep, looked down the list, so many were rabid exit at all costs. Now, in the beginning, I was all for leaving, based on the info given, but just like the WMD arguments which turned out to be lies, my opinion changed as the monster bit of a mess that Brexit is became clear.
    So the choice was, basically, LibDem.
    Not much of a choice, really.

matt_outandabout

Yes I did.
    Deep down I hope I will vote in another European election.

bigblackshed

Done.

A ruddy faced gammon with a rosette was lurking by the doors and greeted me with “I hope I can rely on your vote?” I really wasn’t in the mood after a 12 hour shift, so he got a grunt in response.

The Wife was holding the door open for a couple going in as I was coming out, again the gammon asked “Can I ask who you voted for?” To which I replied “whom” and “you may ask, but I’m not going to tell you”.

He was slightly redder than before I voted, so job done.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘MEP Elections, have you voted?’ is closed to new replies.