• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by lowey.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mental health. Close call.
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Sister in law has struggled maintaining her mental health for years and is under care of local MH team but something has gone wrong following a recent meeting with them that we haven’t got to bottom of yet

Result is she didn’t turn up at her workplace (local school) that she loves – her awesome colleagues and head rang police who gained entry to her flat to find a suicide note.

Police response sprang into place -ANPR had earlier today randomly pinged her car ~20miles away in Milnrow Rochdale, her phone was off. I left work and with MrsRNP drove to Hollingworth Lake (the only place we could think of in the area) and found her car in the third car park we checked.
    S.I.L was curled up under a blanket in the back. Broke into car and found empty pill packets.

She’s now in local A&E having bloods/ organ function tests but the comment is we found in her time to hopefully avoid damage.

If it wasn’t for that ANPR ping we’d have no idea where to start until it was too late.

Not sure what the point of this is other than a brain dump of the day.

MoreCashThanDash

You did so well there. I don’t blame you for needing a brain dump.

Hopefully no long term physical harm done, and I hope that they can get to the bottom of what happened and help prevent it getting to that stage again.

i_like_food

Oh that’s so hard. Sorry to hear that. I’m really glad you found her in time and hope she comes through this ok.

funkmasterp

So sorry to hear that your sister in law has reached such a low. Really glad that she has you as a brother in law. Big internet hugs to all of you and I hope she gets the help and care she needs. Keep posting if it helps

towpathman

Blimey. Well done you for trying your best and helping her.

RustyNissanPrairie

We were just so lucky with the ANPR ping – if she’d gone to a nearer carpark we wouldn’t have known where to start at all.

malv173
    Free Member

That’s a tough day. Glad the system worked in your favour and you were able to get to your SIL. Hope you and your wife are ok, and hope the support is there for you all following this.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Really sorry to hear this, a subject not too far from home. Give yourself and everyone involved a pat on the back for saving a life. She is lucky, hope everyone involved gets the care and support they need.

reluctantjumper

Sounds like you were lucky to find her in time.

Was tough to read your post, been there twice with my mum and once from the other side. Neither is particularly pleasant. Make sure you take time out to look after yourself and don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Drac

Hope she recovers well and continues to get support. Well done to her work colleagues, police and yourselves too.

kimbers

Sounds like she has a good family supporting her hope she’s better soon

twistedpencil

Fair play, really glad to hear things fell into place and that you managed to get to her in time.

MH services are struggling atm, too much recent experience of it all 🙁

garage-dweller

Well done all involved, dump away. Glad you got a positive sounding outcome. 🙂

MH services are struggling atm

underfunded for a long time and current situation is really bad for many who would normally muddle along who’ve had their social/support networks/businesses/employment etc. etc. stuffed by Covid. Like a perfect storm really.

grum
    Free Member

Heartbreaking but thank God you caught it.

Would agree with the above but I don’t think ppl should be put off by MH teams being stretched. It probably depends where you are but there is definitely good help available.

If gov support is lacking this is worth a try, it has a webchat for the call-phobic 🙂

https://www.thecalmzone.net/issues/mentalhealth/

lowey

Heart breaking. Sounds like she has a great set of colleagues and a strong family support.

Really hope she can get the support that she clearly needs. Well done to you also. Saved a life.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mental health. Close call.’ is closed to new replies.