Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mendips gpx
  • starrman82
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m sure I’ve seen posts on this in the past.
    Has anyone got any good gpx routes around the Mendips, looking for something around 25/35 miles.
    I did a search but could only find roadie routes.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

thebatesbristol
    Free Member

try gspies.com

there’s loads. I don’t tend to ride that far though, I assume you’d want in some way to link cheddar, blackdown, burrington and crooks peak together.

starrman82
    Free Member

Thanks & yes. I did a ride some years ago that started at the top of Burrington combe but I can’t recall the route.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wallop

That seems like quite a long distance for the Mendips. Hopefully someone will be along in a minute to say otherwise.

A lot of the good stuff is within a small area, but it’s so damn good you ride it over and over again!

starrman82
    Free Member

Wallop
    You could be right.

starrman82
    Free Member

Wallop
    You could be right.

konanige

I dont know for any gpx’s but if your after an xc type ride there used to be a map called mendip fat tyre trails floating around that took in most of the hills. If your after awesome stuff however that will require some local knowledge!!

Gilles

Dave, when are you planning to go there? I do know the place well and can lead easily. Are you going with the Westbury group ?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/15599732

I had to Google Mendips GPX to find this one.

As above, I’d not necessarily go for distance. Maybe better to ride a 15 mile route twice.

Marko

This is a Mendip classic and offers plenty of opportunity to mess around in the plantation. Easy enough to add a couple of more loops up to the Beacon and down if you wish:

Mendip classic

Marko

starrman82
    Free Member

Thanks guys. 🙂

ifra
    Free Member

Hi,

I ride mendips roughly twice a week and with current tremendous conditions I wouldn’t bother with that route bit too much road if you’re popping up for a one off, I’ll see if I can work how to create a gpx file from one of our rides of around 15 miles based around beacon and the woods, you can then explore all the runs in woods as well or do another loop.
    Cc

nemesis
    Free Member

Drop me an email and I’ll send you some gpx files from Shipham rides. You could join a couple together to get the distance you’re after

I agree that the Mendips classic route above is rather Road or non technical

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Another Mendip local here. That route is more of a sightseers route. It goes past perfectly good riding in a number of places, notably the Gorge walk descent, and Burrington swoopy and goat track.

25 to 35 miles on Mendip is likely to be 2500 to 3500 feet ascent and you would need to include Burrington, Cheddar gorge, Blackdown, Rowberrow and Crook Peak.

No GPSea though. Sorry. Current conditions are excellent though.

mendippete
    Free Member

Here is a 58k route starting in Cheddar, this was the Mendip fat tyre trail from the local ANOB. I have edited so it does not go to the trig point as that is now out of bounds to Mtb’s
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/1380400

mendippete
    Free Member

starrman82
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mendips gpx’ is closed to new replies.