Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 167 total)
  • Men wearing flipflops … arrest them!
  • cinnamon_girl

My current pet hate 👿

Why oh why do guys feel the need to go about their daily business wearing flipflops? It’s fine for the beach but not for the high street and definitely not suitable attire for Waitrose 🙄

They should be arrested by the style police!

(tiptoes back to cave cos I’m scared of the abuse I’m gonna get)

STATO
    Free Member

ah yes, the mark of the ‘ive been travelling dont you know’ student, damn hippies! 😆

IanMunro
    Free Member

Christ this country is getting as bad as France. I won’t even be able to go out in my burka at this rate.

macmclaren
    Free Member

ah, nearly as bad as the sandal and socks brigade.

cinnamon_girl

I would say that the majority of the guys who wear them in are a similar age range to the STW guys 🙂

So … is it right or wrong to wear them?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Any flip flops as long as they’re comfy, cheap and girly will do. It makes people in Waitrose think a bit more (WTF Is this inshaven brut wearing his GF’s flipflops?).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What is your reason for this? Just saying it s wrong is not enough. We need reasons preferably backed up by academic studies

I am approaching middle age and often wear flipflops – not poncy ones however but proper cheapo far eastern rubber ones – singapore working boots.

CG – I do so hope you have non of the following fashion disasters. Cropped trousers, city shorts, harem pants, pufball skirts and that you never have your bra straps showing

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Surely anyone knows that suitable attire for Waitrose is to be chosen from the following;
    Sebagos
    Bespoke country brogues from one’s cobbler
    Battered old pair of Le Chameau wellies
    Barefoot (Because you forgot to put any other shoes in the car and your spd shoes got soaked on the ride and you really do need to pop in to Waitrose to buy some Summer Lightning as a post-ride recovery drink…..I got some odd looks in Salisbury a while back, with my barefoot/mud-tan look!)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CFH – brogues – only worn by cads

cinnamon_girl

Men’s feet are not a pretty sight – fact!

Men do not have a pedicure – fact!

Men don’t always cut their toenails – fact!

Men sometimes have fungal infections – fact!

Men don’t always wash their feet – fact!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ah – so we have to forgo comfort simply because we might cause you to have an attack of the vapours?

juan
    Free Member

Well I do wear flip flop 🙁
    Mind you I guess it’s better than cooking in your own foot juices when the temperature gets above 35C

ahwiles
    Free Member

you’re only allowed to comment on flip-flops if you do not own any of the following:

Ugg boots
    shoes that look pretty, but cannot be walked in
    shoes that cost more than £100
    wellies – and you’re not a farmer
    crocs
    shoes you have never worn

me? – i wear flip-flops to give the old foot fungus a rest.

hora
    Free Member

I hear you cinnamon_girl. However I wear them as I drive barefoot.

Thing is, I dread the arrival of Summer- alot of women have truly horrendous feet- either too big or fat/gnarly heels with insidious tattoos. Why do they think vines or stars on their pale/cracked feet will make them attractive?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    CFH – brogues – only worn by cads

awhiles,

wellies – and you’re not a farmer

I have many pairs that cost more than £100, including bike shoes.
    Wellies? Of course. Huntin’, shootin’ and fishin’ all need a good pair of wellies.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I hate flappy-flappy thing with flip-flops, but always wear sandals that actually strap to my feet (except when riding)

and that you never have your bra straps showing

bras 🙁 What a needless affront to nature 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I find me feet are in a far healthier state after a few weeks of flopflip/fresh air combination.

But yes, there is a time and a place. And c_g, what you said above…each statement could be applied to girls feet (though, certainly not as often).

And what’s this about not washing our feet? Mine get washed as often as the rest of me. I also have fortnightly pedicures and manicures.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CG – I bet your feet are lovely after wearing Jimmy Choos. Bunions and callouses

Lummox

sun out flops and shorts, these are the rules till winter arrives.

No exceptions, especially in the sunny south

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Huntin’, shootin’ and fishin’

You forgot inspecting your moat, or should I say, inspecting your moat-inspector.

theflatboy
    Free Member

blimey – i’m a shorts, flipflops and even vest type of chap whenever the weather even hints at allowing it. i think i might be a closet naturist as the fewer bits of clothing in contact with the skin the better… 🙂

i just hope this sartorial fascism doesn’t escalate, i’d be screwed!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 @ Darcy!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

z1ppy

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Men’s feet are not a pretty sight – fact!
    Men do not have a pedicure – fact!
    Men don’t always cut their toenails – fact!
    Men sometimes have fungal infections – fact!
    Men don’t always wash their feet – fact!

and?
    I’m still waiting for you to validate your argurment…

Tell you what, if we can ban fat lasses from wearing crop-tops, you can ban men wearing flip-flops.
    How about that for a compromise?
    😀

(though I don’t wear them).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What you mean you can buy proper shoes for less than £100. Are Next and River Island still selling shoes then?

hora
    Free Member

I always wait for Camper and Jones to go on sale for my Simple/Campers etc etc fettish on the cheap!

juan
    Free Member

Meanwhile in waitrose…

SiB
    Free Member

What about leather Reef flip flops with a metal bottle opener in the sole??! A fully functional gimmick that sets off the metal detector at airports but may come in handy one day, perhaps.

Sun = flip flops. Why one rule for women and one for men? A day at work in shoes/trainers followed by a cold beer on decking in the sun in flip flops, bliss.

+1 z1ppy but big lasses in leggings should also be included in the ban (although no objection to larger women!)

jimmy

z1ppy – you beat me too it. Ban fat lasses who go out on a friday night wearing hot pants with orange peel legs – half from fake tan, half from unexercised blubber its trying to masquerade.

I’m keeping my flip flops, ta.

ahwiles
    Free Member

lummox is right; summer means shorts.

Zippy; my flip-flops are not up for negotiation.

DezB
    Free Member

Flip-flops are ok with shorts.

Just.
    Not.
    3/4 LENGTH TROUSERS!

What a look that is.

snowslave

My feet are gorgeous and flip flops let me share them with the rest of the world. I wear them for altruistic reasons, a bit like say Bob Geldof organising band aids. Or something.

Anyway, **** off fashion nazis!

takisawa2

Why does the mrs let our two boys, ages 2 & 3, go out with socks & sandals, but she wont let me leave the house in a similar attire… 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

takisawa – she’s probably conducting some sort of weird sociopsychological experiment and wants to see the mental damage that is caused. and doesn’t want to involve you.

rOcKeTdOg

ban feet on show altogether as far as i’m concerned, male or female

binners

I like to combine my fashion faux pa’s. Sandals and white socks. Easy now ladies

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

summer means shorts

actually, for me winter means shorts too :o)

juan: thanks for that pic N-O-T!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I like flip flops because they can be put on without having to bend over or tie anything.

cinnamon_girl

Ha ha 😀 This has been so so funny! Thanks for the replies … knew I could rely on you 😉

I don’t wear flipflops, my feet are ugly so I pretty much keep ’em covered up. And as for crop tops/leggings/hot pants NO NO NO 😯

Just don’t want my imperfections to be obvious to the whole wide world 😉

enfht
    Free Member

I find fat birds who walk really slowly far more offensive

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Men wearing flipflops … arrest them!’ is closed to new replies.