Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • memory maps and garmin are they compatible please
  • mikeclarke
    Free Member

hi all ive a etrex 20 handheld and ive got copies of maps from Memory maps does anyone know if the garmin will run these maps or not please i cant seem to work it out

cp

No, it won’t directly. You can create custom maps potentially from the memory map ones, but it will be Faffy and I’m not sure if the etrex 20 has the ability to read them.

d45yth
    Free Member

For me to use my MM routes on my Edge 605, I save the file as a GPX and then convert to a CRS file. I use a program called ‘Gpx2crs’ for this, which is a free download. There’s is also a website that can convert any GPS file format to lots of different ones too…I can’t remember the name of it though.

Edit: Not the website I was thinking of, but you can convert files on GPSies.com. You could see if the routes you want are on there too and you can download in various formats to save converting.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikeclarke
    Free Member

cheers guys ill have a look not very techy tho so i wont hold my breath

cp

d45yth – I think the OP means he wants the actual map to display on the GPS unit, not just the GPX track.

winston_dog
    Free Member

The maps are not but you can create and transfer GPX routes very easily.

I have an Etrex 20 and use this MAC

The current 1.9 version doesn’t work with OS maps but if you Google for ver 1.8 it does allow OS maps to be transferred.

There is a good Wiki as well that gives a lot of info MAC Wiki

d45yth
    Free Member

cp – Member

d45yth – I think the OP means he wants the actual map to display on the GPS unit, not just the GPX track.

So he does! I was knackered when I was on here last night.
    To answer the question then, no, the MM ones won’t work. Garmin would rather you use their own. The best I can suggest would be to use open source mapping, here’s a link to a mtb specific mapping site: Openmtbmap. I don’t know how straight forward it is, but there are tutorials on there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘memory maps and garmin are they compatible please’ is closed to new replies.